Wood layout suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Marius, Dec 26, 2014.

  1. Marius

    Marius

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2010
    Messages:
    37
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Edgemead
    I am planning on re - decorating my existing tank. I have acquired some spider wood at a really good price. I would appreciate some suggestions with the wood placement! Please see some my options below and feel free to comment!!

    My existing tank is an 80x40x40 Boyu.
    I will need to trim some of the longer pieces to make it fit.

    uploadfromtaptalk1419580489710.jpg

    uploadfromtaptalk1419580505154.jpg

    uploadfromtaptalk1419580525880.jpg

    uploadfromtaptalk1419580555132.jpg

    uploadfromtaptalk1419581005119.jpg
     
  2. Guest




  3. aqua dude

    aqua dude

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2014
    Messages:
    517
    Likes Received:
    13
    Location:
    South Africa
    Personally I prefer option 1
     
  4. OP
    Marius

    Marius

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2010
    Messages:
    37
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Edgemead
    Thank you! So for 1 is my option is my choice as well.
     
  5. f-fish

    f-fish #unspecified

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2009
    Messages:
    9,642
    Likes Received:
    2,260
    Location:
    JHB - Randburg
    I would try something else .. do a scape left or right in hight with left being the highest but taking log in option 4 on the right and putting it flat running across the tank from back to font and left to right - this give you root length. then take the next biggest peace and build hight in the left back corner - only cut what you absolutely have to cut. All the root branches use them to emphasize the substrate and the root system running out from the left back corner.

    or something like that ;-)

    Later Ferdie
     
  6. Pierré Schoonraad

    Pierré Schoonraad Rainbow Freak

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2012
    Messages:
    2,072
    Likes Received:
    700
    Location:
    Queenswood Pretoria
    I must area with @f-fish . If you use the piece of wood on the right and have it lying on the substrat with the side facing the front you will create a nice "root" effect. And you will have a better balance with the scape.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  7. OP
    Marius

    Marius

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2010
    Messages:
    37
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Edgemead
    Thanks for suggestions... I will definitely give the root suggestions a try! Will post pics once I have removed water etc. All the wood will be soaking for about a month.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Wood layout suggestions Forum Date
Wanted: Driftwood in the Durban area Wanted/Swop/Freebies Jul 7, 2026
Wanted: Plants, wood, shrimp. Wanted/Swop/Freebies May 8, 2025
Wanted: Driftwood Wanted/Swop/Freebies Mar 4, 2025
Wanted: Looking for any unwanted driftwood in Eastrand area Wanted/Swop/Freebies Dec 6, 2023
Wanted: Plants and smaller dift wood Wanted/Swop/Freebies Aug 18, 2023
Tap water PH - Edgemead Goodwood General Discussions May 29, 2023
Wanted: Leadwood slabsx2 for big tank. Wanted/Swop/Freebies Nov 20, 2022

Share This Page