Who is breeding what fish?

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by Skye01, Mar 19, 2012.

  1. Borriez

    Borriez

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2011
    Messages:
    49
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Senekal, Freestate
    Hi.

    I told you guys last week that I have a floating tank that at the moment is holding my young Auratus fry.
    This morning I discovered 4 different nests the male made during the night and the female is now holding eggs. :bigsmile:
    I can't tell which nest was the lovemaking scene, but it shows that hard work does pay off :laugh:

    I will need to get another floating tank soon as in the next 3 weeks I will have another batch of fry from the same pair... Or maybe the new and older fry can all live together... I'll post the pics of the new fry later...

    Damn, they're breeding more rapidly than guppies :amazed:
     
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  2. Guest




  3. BugMan

    BugMan Green Spotted Puffer

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2011
    Messages:
    765
    Likes Received:
    12
    Location:
    Pretoria Gauteng
    @Dirk Bellstedt is there any chance that you can maybe post a photo or two of your Pseudomugil gertrudae?
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  4. Dirk

    Dirk Dwarf Catfish

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2009
    Messages:
    2,514
    Likes Received:
    81
    Location:
    Somerset West
    Here goes....

    DSCN1902crop.jpg

    DSCN1902crop.jpg
     
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  5. TomK

    TomK

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2011
    Messages:
    1,552
    Likes Received:
    11
    Location:
    Klerksdorp
    Damn, that Nikon take nice pics. What size lens and f stop, speed?
     
  6. Dirk

    Dirk Dwarf Catfish

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2009
    Messages:
    2,514
    Likes Received:
    81
    Location:
    Somerset West
    Hi Tom,

    that was actually taken with my ancient Nikon 995 swivel-head which is really not an advanced camera. The poor camera died after my Madagascar visit in April 2010 and I now have a Canon 550D which takes amazing pics, all those altums on the striped angelfish thread were taken with my Canon.

    Kind regards,

    Dirk
     
  7. BugMan

    BugMan Green Spotted Puffer

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2011
    Messages:
    765
    Likes Received:
    12
    Location:
    Pretoria Gauteng
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  8. BugMan

    BugMan Green Spotted Puffer

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2011
    Messages:
    765
    Likes Received:
    12
    Location:
    Pretoria Gauteng
    Prof @Dirk Bellstedt that is one really nice camera. I have the 500D myself... And both takes Amazing pics...
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  9. Cropheus

    Cropheus

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2012
    Messages:
    201
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Centurion, South Africa
  10. TankMaster

    TankMaster Apistogramma

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2010
    Messages:
    1,756
    Likes Received:
    44
    Location:
    Narnia
    whoa!! So many peeps taking up breeding dwarfies!! Nice!

    Sadly, I have retired from breeding for now. This thread makes me want to get back!!

    Moving house soon, so I might have the space to start up a little sumthin sumthin. .

    TM
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - breeding fish Forum Date
Breeding Fish Beginner Discussions May 23, 2023
Breeding Angelfish in community tank General Discussions Jan 19, 2023
Looking for a new breeding fish General Discussions Feb 12, 2022
Breeding pencilfish Breeding Apr 7, 2020
Fish stress and breeding Breeding Mar 27, 2020
Breeding mosquito fish with a show guppy? Breeding May 4, 2019
Platy fish not breeding - Why... Help! Breeding Feb 3, 2019

Share This Page