Who is breeding what fish?

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by Skye01, Mar 19, 2012.

  1. f-fish

    f-fish #unspecified

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2009
    Messages:
    9,642
    Likes Received:
    2,260
    Location:
    JHB - Randburg
    wow thanks Prof, Jenn and Skye these kribs look awesome .. my moving pair (since the keep leaving fry behind when I move them to a new tank) ...

    krib01.jpg
    mom with some fry
    krib02.jpg
    mom returns after a successful attack against dad over the newly installed terracotta pot wall
    krib03.jpg
    dad all washed out after a week of being bullied

    This is brother and sister inbreeding ... maybe time for some new blood?

    Later F

    krib01.jpg

    krib02.jpg

    krib03.jpg
     
  2. Guest




  3. TomK

    TomK

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2011
    Messages:
    1,552
    Likes Received:
    11
    Location:
    Klerksdorp
    Do not forget about me!

    Here is my thread. 11 Week old Angels available now, but I am in Klerksdorp! urgh...

    Angel Parenting
     
  4. mark d

    mark d

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2010
    Messages:
    379
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    swakopmund Namibia
    I breed guppies,mollies and platies:p
     
  5. solex69

    solex69

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2008
    Messages:
    1,119
    Likes Received:
    14
    Correction, I do not breed fish anymore, but have tons of Betta breeding experience. Shout if there are questions (pls use a mention as I don't browse around on this forum and only occasionally log in)

    Ciao
    D
     
  6. Bandit

    Bandit

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2010
    Messages:
    137
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    PE
    I breed pink convicts, angels and zebra danios
     
  7. Dirk

    Dirk Dwarf Catfish

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2009
    Messages:
    2,514
    Likes Received:
    81
    Location:
    Somerset West
    Hi Dale,

    It is good to hear that you are still out there somewhere:


    So would you say that you are a betta person for it......

    Kind regards,

    Dirk
     
  8. OP
    Skye01

    Skye01

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2011
    Messages:
    1,273
    Likes Received:
    17
    Location:
    Rynfield, Benoni. GP
    I can see someone is on top form today and it seems it's all owed to a good weekend?:smiley-laughing024:
     
  9. Borriez

    Borriez

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2011
    Messages:
    49
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Senekal, Freestate
    My Melanochromis Auratus pair produces fry every once in a while in my cichlid community tank. At the moment the male is building a nest and doing the jiggles around the female to show off his sexyness :wink:

    Sorry for the bad pic, but here's the romantic couple:
    [​IMG]

    And here is some of the fry at the moment in my floating breeding compartment: They where seperated from the female about 3 weeks ago.
    [​IMG]
     
  10. Willem

    Willem High fin Pangasius

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2011
    Messages:
    755
    Likes Received:
    15
    Location:
    Pretoria
    It seems from today I am in the to Green Deacons aswell when I got home today I found them with about 70+ eggs on the one stone............:bigsmile:
     
  11. Borriez

    Borriez

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2011
    Messages:
    49
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Senekal, Freestate
    Congrats man!!!
     
  12. OP
    Skye01

    Skye01

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2011
    Messages:
    1,273
    Likes Received:
    17
    Location:
    Rynfield, Benoni. GP
    This is great and congrats on the eggs and the young.

    I can't believe that these are the only people on the forum that are breeding one sort of fish or another.

    Come on guys, surely you would like to be able to boast about or sell off some of your babies to someone willing to give them a good home at a nominal price.

    What about @Big G, don't you have some fish that you are breeding? @Tank Master??? @azurekoi??? @aquazulu??? Who else??? :hmmmm2:

    I started this thread so that we can see who is specialised in what fish and can possibly offer some advice to those who might be struggling with or trying to find that "1" species that has not been seen in ages....:captain:

    Just my 2c worth....
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  13. Borriez

    Borriez

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2011
    Messages:
    49
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Senekal, Freestate
    @aquazulu forms part of the "obvious few". He has one amazing Discus hatchery (",)
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  14. Khalid

    Khalid Loricariidae

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2009
    Messages:
    1,515
    Likes Received:
    19
    Location:
    Lenasia
    Hi
    I have a few Ancistrus sp that keep me busy.
     
  15. azurekoi

    azurekoi Loaches & Gobies

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2010
    Messages:
    4,077
    Likes Received:
    61
    Location:
    Pretoria
    I dont set out to breed anything...but had that Red Tail Squirrel loach spawning....and my Sewellia lineolata(Tiger Hillstream loaches) spawn on average once a month when I do my once a month HUGE waterchange (weekly 20%...) - many get eaten in that busy tank...but the dense jungle of plants make quite a few survive....

    From the 4 spawnings I know off(Witnessed - it's pretty cool!) - there must be about 12-15 babies in the river tank... biggest one is about an inch long...

    PS: and before anybody asks, .. No - they not for Sale.... just too darn cute to get rid of...lol
     
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  16. OP
    Skye01

    Skye01

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2011
    Messages:
    1,273
    Likes Received:
    17
    Location:
    Rynfield, Benoni. GP
    @Borriez, yes I have seen his breeding set-up. Sigh..... One day when I'm big...

    @Khalid, which species are you breeding? I have the Blue-Eyed Golden as well as the Big Finned and the one with the funny forked bristles....

    Come on all, there have to be more people than this....!!!

    What about members that have taken some of the fish ordered by @Moolis and @Altum on earlier shipments...???

    @azurekoi, that is pretty awesome. I hope that they continue to breed, then maybe when you have plenty we might even be able to buy a few from you... Where are some pics of these cuties?
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  17. Razer2007

    Razer2007 Danelle Vivier

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2011
    Messages:
    1,278
    Likes Received:
    17
    Location:
    Melkbosstrand, Cape Town
    Burst everyone's bubble now :p Well done anyways. They are cute fish.
     
  18. azurekoi

    azurekoi Loaches & Gobies

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2010
    Messages:
    4,077
    Likes Received:
    61
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Will try and take some pics and post on Sunday...my internet cap is kaput at home till get new on Sunday... if you go look through "River Runs" thread - there is a pic or two where a baby can be seen somewhere...lol
     
  19. Khalid

    Khalid Loricariidae

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2009
    Messages:
    1,515
    Likes Received:
    19
    Location:
    Lenasia
    the common spotted brown/black, Albino, black/blue eye, and Marbled long fin BN
     
  20. OP
    Skye01

    Skye01

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2011
    Messages:
    1,273
    Likes Received:
    17
    Location:
    Rynfield, Benoni. GP
    @Khalid, snap on the Marbled, but mine were sold to me as Calico Long Finned Bristle Nose and they are the most stunning colours being black and a red brown. Mine are often out and about in the tank are yours very shy?
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  21. Khalid

    Khalid Loricariidae

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2009
    Messages:
    1,515
    Likes Received:
    19
    Location:
    Lenasia
    I have only 4 young fish. very shy. They still in qt, so will see when they go into the planted tank.
    You have a nice collection of BN Skye01 . how about some pictures for the pleco keepers group.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - breeding fish Forum Date
Breeding Fish Beginner Discussions May 23, 2023
Breeding Angelfish in community tank General Discussions Jan 19, 2023
Looking for a new breeding fish General Discussions Feb 12, 2022
Breeding pencilfish Breeding Apr 7, 2020
Fish stress and breeding Breeding Mar 27, 2020
Breeding mosquito fish with a show guppy? Breeding May 4, 2019
Platy fish not breeding - Why... Help! Breeding Feb 3, 2019

Share This Page