Which Light to choose?

Discussion in 'General Equipment discussion' started by SpiderPig_za, Oct 9, 2014.

  1. SpiderPig_za

    SpiderPig_za

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2014
    Messages:
    123
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Vryheid KZN
    Hi there all.

    I'm hoping somebody would be able to help me out, I want to order some lights from The Lamp House, but want to find out which light will let the fish's colours stand out the most, and will look nice. It's a tank with plastic plants, so really don't care about plant growth lol. It's just a normal T8 20W lighting unit.

    Thanks
    Marius
     
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  2. Guest




  3. Immy

    Immy

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2011
    Messages:
    231
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Humewood, PE
    Just get the cheapest 6500K (865) one you can find.

    I got my Opple T8 18W Daylight 6500K for something like R12 from Builders' in 2012.

    I prefer my Opple 6500K to my Osram SkyWhite 8000K.


    Also, the darker your substrate, the more intense your healthy fish's natural colour will be.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Light choose Forum Date
Dooa Sol light General Equipment discussion Sep 16, 2025
Moon light / night light General Discussions Jun 13, 2025
Temu "Seven Master" 58cm LED light review Equipment Reviews Apr 16, 2025
Wanted: 90cm aquarium light Wanted/Swop/Freebies Oct 11, 2024
Wanted: Looking for a 90cm light Wanted/Swop/Freebies Sep 28, 2024
Starlight plecos L183 General Discussions Sep 10, 2024
Wanted: Zetlight Lancia 2 590 Wanted/Swop/Freebies Jul 3, 2024

Share This Page