Which fish needs punishment??

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Milamber, Jun 23, 2011.

  1. Milamber

    Milamber

    Joined:
    May 30, 2011
    Messages:
    91
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Hi Guys

    Something is eating my pretty snail and I have no idea who the culprit is. I got the snail around 2 weeks ago and he seemed fine for about a week, chillin' everywhere. Cleaning here and there, I saw him very active antennas stretched out. Now for the last week during day time he is just hiding in his shell. I thought he was dead because i never see him moving but i kept him in because each time i look at the tank he was in a different location and finally last night i saw him move. I think he still has eyes but his antennas are munched off :'( so sad.

    I have:

    2 x swordtails
    2 x mollies
    3 x guppies
    1 x endler
    1 x swordtail/platy hybrid
    1 x angel

    I personally think its the swordtails because with my previous tank i had all of the above except the platy hybrid and swordtails and that snail flourished.

    What can I do? Its a very pretty snail and I don't want to get rid of it. I'd much rather get rid of the culprit fish.

    Any thoughts?

    He is going to a different tank now for rehabilitation.
     
  2. Guest




  3. Go-Big

    Go-Big

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2010
    Messages:
    737
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    George
    I would think rather the Angel. My angles tend to pest the snails.
     
  4. Arrow Boy

    Arrow Boy

    Joined:
    May 17, 2011
    Messages:
    1,220
    Likes Received:
    206
    Location:
    Gauteng
    +1 the angels
     
  5. Firefly

    Firefly Pleco

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2010
    Messages:
    2,333
    Likes Received:
    33
    Location:
    East London
    Get rid of the snail because it is BL'ed.
     
  6. Slojo

    Slojo

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2009
    Messages:
    2,115
    Likes Received:
    24
    I thought we spoke about this :(
     
  7. Firefly

    Firefly Pleco

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2010
    Messages:
    2,333
    Likes Received:
    33
    Location:
    East London
    When? I can't remember? (SMACK HEAD, "you have failed me again brain!)
     
  8. DesertConvert

    DesertConvert Toad

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2011
    Messages:
    571
    Likes Received:
    9
    Location:
    Pretoria
  9. Big G

    Big G Apisto Nutz!!!

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2008
    Messages:
    2,508
    Likes Received:
    16
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Just to clarify, this would constitute the 'keeping' of a BL species, so still would not be allowed. If the thread was.... 'I have all these snails, and i want to get rid of them', or 'I was just wondering which of the above would be most likely to eat Snails?' then that would be ok. But then saying 'I really love these snails and want to keep them in my tank' is still not allowed.

    Regards
    G!
     
  10. DesertConvert

    DesertConvert Toad

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2011
    Messages:
    571
    Likes Received:
    9
    Location:
    Pretoria
    I think it will take a while for us to learn the ins-and-outs of what is now allowed and what is not, but we'll get it right eventually. Awareness on our part and leniency/coaching (as Big G did above) will speed up this exercise.
     
  11. Slojo

    Slojo

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2009
    Messages:
    2,115
    Likes Received:
    24
    +1
     
  12. Big G

    Big G Apisto Nutz!!!

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2008
    Messages:
    2,508
    Likes Received:
    16
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Don't worry, these rules shall become more clear once they are finalised, and the new forum is in place..... Infact, the new BL forum will have a blurb for everyone to read in order to use it, kinda like the rules and conditions on signing up, but more so! Well, thats the plan anyhow!?

    Regards
    G!
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - fish needs punishment Forum Date
Dr Says Deworm Your Fish Jungle Aquatics Jul 7, 2026
Your Betta Fish Has Seen Things. It's Time to Do Better Jungle Aquatics May 3, 2026
Looking for killifish General Fish Discussions Apr 21, 2026
Fish breeders Gauteng New members Apr 4, 2026
The secret to happy, stress-free pond fish. API Pond Stress Coat Jungle Aquatics Mar 25, 2026
Don't let your Fish stage a hunger strike! Jungle Aquatics Feb 27, 2026
Veiltail Angelfish for sale Beginner Discussions Jan 1, 2026

Share This Page