Where to geophagus?

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by ROEKSTE, May 22, 2016.

  1. ROEKSTE

    ROEKSTE

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2011
    Messages:
    840
    Likes Received:
    21
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Want to know who is keeping geophagus in the country? Im looking for some but not Threadfins or surinamensis.

    Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
     
  2. Guest




  3. Broder

    Broder

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,020
    Likes Received:
    34
    Location:
    East London
    Hey bud! Nice to see you here again. Sorry.. No idea about the geophagus, but how about a thread showing all of your cats?
     
    Last edited: May 22, 2016
  4. MariaS

    MariaS Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2015
    Messages:
    8,740
    Likes Received:
    3,581
    Location:
    Klipriver, Midvaal
    @ROEKSTE, for some reason its very diffiult to find other species of Geos
    We have threadfins and surinamensis and i had been looking for tapajos for over two years
    The other day Cesar was at the LFS when their shipment arrived and he spoted 2 tapajos mixed in with about 40 surinamensis so I finally got my tapajos
    I dont know why its so difficult to come across other species
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  5. Duplicareus

    Duplicareus

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2016
    Messages:
    23
    Likes Received:
    8
    Location:
    Cape town
    I know that Herve has babies that he is raising....nice big batch
     
  6. Herve

    Herve

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2010
    Messages:
    98
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Despatch
    Hi,I have Tapajos fry and hopefully my Acarichthys geayi will spawn in the coming weeks.
     
  7. OP
    ROEKSTE

    ROEKSTE

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2011
    Messages:
    840
    Likes Received:
    21
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Hi Herve, Good luck with the fry... I already have Tapajos RedHeads. Stunning little geo's... but like i said ... I'm looking for the other ones... Even
    Satanoperca sp. will do but i think i'm pushing my luck.​
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Where geophagus Forum Date
CO2 Equipment - Expensive! Where to get affordable setup General Equipment discussion Nov 7, 2025
Cockatoo cichlid breeders anywhere? Cichlids May 4, 2025
Where to find local youtube channels General Discussions Jan 27, 2025
Controlling/encouraging where GHA grows? Algae Jan 4, 2025
Where should i buy tanks. General Equipment discussion Feb 21, 2024
Wanted: Where in Cape Town Wanted/Swop/Freebies Sep 16, 2023
where can i get o rings for cascade 300 and 100 and impellers Filtration Feb 27, 2023

Share This Page