what would you with this?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by HEIHACHI, Sep 22, 2013.

  1. HEIHACHI

    HEIHACHI

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2012
    Messages:
    1,013
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    durban
    Ideas? About 30cm long

    20130922_145620.jpg

    20130922_145620.jpg
     
  2. Guest




  3. f-fish

    f-fish #unspecified

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2009
    Messages:
    9,642
    Likes Received:
    2,260
    Location:
    JHB - Randburg
    QT tank ?
     
  4. Ammar

    Ammar

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2012
    Messages:
    2,517
    Likes Received:
    425
    Location:
    Symhurst, Germiston
    use it to grow some plants..
    or a nice scape...you can actually do something really nice with these small tanks.
     
  5. amandar

    amandar

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2013
    Messages:
    207
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Koffiefontein Free State
    Many possibilities, what would I do .......... What would I do ......... How about a planted species tank.
     
  6. Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    I'd do a planted Killie setup. Purely because it has a lid.
     
  7. OP
    HEIHACHI

    HEIHACHI

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2012
    Messages:
    1,013
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    durban
    Couple of things worry me,
    Filteration? Hob (is there one small enough?) Internal filter will take up alot of space
    Is it too low for plants?
    Lighting? Really scratching my head with this as i would like to keep the hood
     
  8. Ammar

    Ammar

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2012
    Messages:
    2,517
    Likes Received:
    425
    Location:
    Symhurst, Germiston
    corner filter should do AKA bubble filter. you can hide it easily with some plants
     
  9. Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    I'd get a small Aquaclear HOB. I have a small one, I think the 20, that would filter this tank perfectly. For a light, you can wire in a CFL into the hood. It's very easy, and works surprisingly well.
     
  10. OP
    HEIHACHI

    HEIHACHI

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2012
    Messages:
    1,013
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    durban
    So I found a use for this tank.............
    WP_20131010_003.jpg
    WP_20131010_001.jpg
    WP_20131010_004.jpg

    WP_20131010_003.jpg

    WP_20131010_001.jpg

    WP_20131010_004.jpg
     
  11. <<Nemo>>

    <<Nemo>>

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2011
    Messages:
    359
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Somerset West, Helderberg
    Are those malawis? Sorry if I'm totally wrong here..:)
     
  12. OP
    HEIHACHI

    HEIHACHI

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2012
    Messages:
    1,013
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    durban
    Yes they are, what kind on the other hand im not sure
     
  13. <<Nemo>>

    <<Nemo>>

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2011
    Messages:
    359
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Somerset West, Helderberg
    haha.. what kinds do you have?
     
  14. OP
    HEIHACHI

    HEIHACHI

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2012
    Messages:
    1,013
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    durban
    This is the parent, I say parent coz I cant remember if its the male or female that keeps them in their mouth.
    WP_20130901_009.jpg

    WP_20130901_009.jpg
     
  15. <<Nemo>>

    <<Nemo>>

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2011
    Messages:
    359
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Somerset West, Helderberg
    Pseudotropheus Demasoni??
     
  16. OP
    HEIHACHI

    HEIHACHI

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2012
    Messages:
    1,013
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    durban
    Thank you nemo, at least I know what to call it now.
     
  17. <<Nemo>>

    <<Nemo>>

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2011
    Messages:
    359
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Somerset West, Helderberg
    Haha glad I could help :)
     

Recent Posts

Share This Page