Water parameters

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Kuhli Loach, Jan 22, 2012.

  1. Kuhli Loach

    Kuhli Loach

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2009
    Messages:
    639
    Likes Received:
    5
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Hi
    While doing water changes this morning I checked my water parameters using a API test strip. I know they are not the most accurate, but the reading where as follow: pH 7; GH 120; KH 120. I also tested the water form the RO unit in the kitchen and these reading where pH 6.5; KH 0 and GH 0. As you know, I have been trying to get the Pygmy corries to spawn, and was wondering if I should do a 20 or 30% water change in their tank with the RO water.
     
  2. Guest




  3. OP
    Kuhli Loach

    Kuhli Loach

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2009
    Messages:
    639
    Likes Received:
    5
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Great news, just spotted one tiny pygmy corry in the tank. Seems that all the comments I have read about not trying to over complicate things are true. Just make sure the water conditions are great and feed them good quality food and things will happen.
     
  4. TomK

    TomK

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2011
    Messages:
    1,552
    Likes Received:
    11
    Location:
    Klerksdorp
    GH120 is already soft. (Not too soft though, just right IMO) I doubt that GH and KH can be the same. I would not try to bring GH down any further. How did you end up with it so much lower than tap water?
     
  5. azurekoi

    azurekoi Loaches & Gobies

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2010
    Messages:
    4,077
    Likes Received:
    61
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Congrats with the baba @Khuli Loach!!! Now for lots more so I can get some...he,he....
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Water parameters Forum Date
Water parameters - Some guidance please... Beginner Discussions Sep 19, 2022
Cape Town Water Parameters General Discussions Sep 13, 2022
Water Parameters (KH & PH issues) General Discussions Jun 7, 2021
Water Parameters in Cape Town Beginner Discussions Apr 26, 2021
Advice needed: HMA filters (3 stage)and impact on water parameters Filtration Apr 26, 2021
Fish are dying - Water parameters seem fine General Discussions Mar 8, 2021
Boesemani rainbow fish water parameters General Fish Discussions Jan 16, 2020

Share This Page