Water Conditioner

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SHiBBY, Feb 21, 2011.

  1. SHiBBY

    SHiBBY DIY Guru

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2010
    Messages:
    639
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Glenwood, Cape Town
    Hey guys,


    So I've got a week before my next water change, and I just used my last BioVital this weekend. Have to buy a new one now, which begs the question:

    What is the best water conditioner to use?
     
  2. Guest




  3. Fonkie

    Fonkie Nelis

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2009
    Messages:
    213
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Potchefstroom
    I love Seachem

    F
     
  4. OP
    SHiBBY

    SHiBBY DIY Guru

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2010
    Messages:
    639
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Glenwood, Cape Town
    Seachem Prime? Two LPS recommended it to me already... I've heard people going on about Pond Clear, but that's just an algaecide. It doesn't remove chlorine nor does it benefit to bio filter. All in favour of Seachem Prime say 'I'
     
  5. varachhia001

    varachhia001

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2011
    Messages:
    73
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Ridgeway, Johannesburg South
    I have only used tetra aquasafe.

    I havent had any problems; Now u got me thinking, are they any downfalls with this product?

    I personally feel its excellent, but pricy
     
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  6. OP
    SHiBBY

    SHiBBY DIY Guru

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2010
    Messages:
    639
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Glenwood, Cape Town
    I love tetra products, but I've heard some things about AquaSafe... Some LPS stock it, but don't recommend it... You'll find that the majority of this forum is also a bit anti-AquaSafe for unknown reasons...
     
  7. TomK

    TomK

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2011
    Messages:
    1,552
    Likes Received:
    11
    Location:
    Klerksdorp
    I use AquaSafe at the moment and find I must double dose to get rid of all the CI.
     
  8. Khalid

    Khalid Loricariidae

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2009
    Messages:
    1,515
    Likes Received:
    19
    Location:
    Lenasia
    Seachem prime works for me.
     
  9. OP
    SHiBBY

    SHiBBY DIY Guru

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2010
    Messages:
    639
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Glenwood, Cape Town
    Seachem Prime it is... ;-)

    I'll go get some today after work...
     
  10. TomK

    TomK

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2011
    Messages:
    1,552
    Likes Received:
    11
    Location:
    Klerksdorp
    I read on their site:
    Therefore, your test kit's no2/no3 is rendered useless once this is in the water. For how long and is that true of all conditioners?
     
  11. OP
    SHiBBY

    SHiBBY DIY Guru

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2010
    Messages:
    639
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Glenwood, Cape Town
    yes, good question. We could be freaking out and meanwhile everything is in order!
     
  12. Zoom

    Zoom Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Messages:
    8,469
    Likes Received:
    119
    Location:
    Jhb- Fourways
    Pond clear is a very strong alagecide. Active ingredient is actually the same ingredient found in weed killer. DO NOT USE this stuff in your planted tanks!
     
  13. mydummyname

    mydummyname Balala shark

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2010
    Messages:
    2,302
    Likes Received:
    41
    Location:
    cape town
    i use the "pondsafe"

    its much cheaper than the other product, doesnt remove ammonia or nitrates like some of them do, but it does remove metals and things and has some benefits for fish coat etc, and you use much less than you would the other de-chlorinators. its like 10ml per 100L of water.

    "pond clear" is just that, meant to clear agae in ponds and has nothing to do with de-chlorinating water.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Water Conditioner Forum Date
Water conditioner + PraziPro Diseases Dec 9, 2021
Aquaforest Water Conditioner - The best of the best Quality Marines Jan 30, 2019
Tap Water Conditioner General Discussions Oct 10, 2018
Betta water conditioner Labyrinth Fish Jul 9, 2016
Water conditioners and fish health products General Discussions Apr 29, 2016
FB: Need a SUPER concentrated water conditioner...Seachem Safe is just the thing! Jungle Aquatics Jun 23, 2015
FB: SERA Aquatan is one amazing water conditioner! Jungle Aquatics Jun 12, 2015

Share This Page