Via Aqua with broken parts

Discussion in 'General Equipment discussion' started by Jack Stone, Jun 9, 2012.

  1. Jack Stone

    Jack Stone Stone Aquaics

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2011
    Messages:
    926
    Likes Received:
    34
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Hi everyone,

    Picked up a free second hand Via Aqua pump for my fresh water bins...

    One of the parts cracked, it's leaking.
    Obviously I'm using it as an external pump with an inlet and outlet, otherwise I'd probably never have noticed.

    The offending part is one which goes onto the impeller.
    A second locking mechanism part slides over that to lock it to the pump leaving you with a threaded fitting you can attach your inlet pipe to.

    I have another two lower models of these pumps (I assume brand new as fittings were in sealed plastic) and have checked that the offending part does not come in the "parts" bag with the pump.

    First question, is there anyone out there with broken Via Aqua VA-3300 powerhead?
    Second question, are there any retailers I can possibly source this part from?

    Thanks for your time people.

    Cheers,
    Jack
     
  2. Guest




  3. MickeyBlue42

    MickeyBlue42

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2010
    Messages:
    44
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi Jack. I had broken taps and other bits on one of these filters...

    I ended up getting parts from a crowd overseas. Paid USPS postage etc etc maybe about R400 in the end but I got lots of spares with that so made it worth while.

    Good luck!
     
  4. AquaS

    AquaS

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2010
    Messages:
    307
    Likes Received:
    9
    Location:
    Goodwood, CPT
    Did you come right yet finding the parts?
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Aqua broken parts Forum Date
Some ideas or inspiration for larger aquarium water changes.... General Discussions Jun 18, 2026
Cape Town Aquatic shops General Discussions May 20, 2026
Wanted: Looking for aquatic moss (aside from Java) Wanted/Swop/Freebies May 11, 2026
Wanted: Aquarium stand Wanted/Swop/Freebies Apr 9, 2026
Wanted: Aquatic plants needed! Wanted/Swop/Freebies Dec 23, 2025
Wanted: Hagen Aquaclear mini filters Wanted/Swop/Freebies Nov 1, 2025
Swop: Aquarium plants Wanted/Swop/Freebies Sep 27, 2025

Share This Page