tubifex worms

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Nick, Apr 13, 2012.

  1. Nick

    Nick Nick

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2010
    Messages:
    308
    Likes Received:
    10
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Hi

    Do you guys give your fish tubifex worms??
     
  2. Guest




  3. Khalid

    Khalid Loricariidae

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2009
    Messages:
    1,515
    Likes Received:
    19
    Location:
    Lenasia
    After reading the prof's post on them, I rather stay away.
     
  4. Fanlie

    Fanlie

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2010
    Messages:
    156
    Likes Received:
    0
    Tubiflex worms can carry diseases and harmful parasites.
    Bloodworms is better dont buy cheap. buy only high qaulity like ocean nutrition or better.

    I love @Altum 's bloodworms. very high qaulity,but dont name :(
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  5. Reedfish

    Reedfish Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2011
    Messages:
    13,311
    Likes Received:
    3,714
    Location:
    UK
    I also stay away from Tubifex.
    A few months ago I bought a pack of frozen Tubifex. Only after thought I maybe shouldn't have. I contacted the manufacturer and expressed my concerns to them. They told me the worms are gamma irradiated and don't carry any pathogens of any sort. They would never sell any worms if they did. Yadda yadda yadda....
    But why take the chance? There are a good few other frozen foods available.
     
  6. TheGrissom

    TheGrissom

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2012
    Messages:
    2,266
    Likes Received:
    1,588
    Location:
    Gqeberha
    I dont feed them either. I did have some but my fish wouldnt eat them so I gave them away and havent bought since.
     
  7. pHish_man

    pHish_man Discus

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2011
    Messages:
    1,402
    Likes Received:
    50
    Location:
    Somerset West
    @Henk Hugo

    I have a tub of your Omega One Freeze dried tubifex worms. Would these be 100% safe to feed or is there a risk of parasites too? On the label it says it is free of bacteria and parasites......can we trust the label/

    Guys, if henk gives a thumbs up here, consider this product, it is high in crude protein.

    regards

    Andrew
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  8. Fanlie

    Fanlie

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2010
    Messages:
    156
    Likes Received:
    0
    I think it is safe. Omega is all good quality feed for fish. Dont worry too many :)
    I think if not all tubifex worms are bad. It depends who makes it or where it came. I feel likewise.
     
  9. Zoom

    Zoom Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Messages:
    8,469
    Likes Received:
    119
    Location:
    Jhb- Fourways
    Omega One should be a reputible source
     
  10. Reedfish

    Reedfish Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2011
    Messages:
    13,311
    Likes Received:
    3,714
    Location:
    UK
    Is this freeze dried or frozen?
     
  11. Henk Hugo

    Henk Hugo

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2008
    Messages:
    4,135
    Likes Received:
    34
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Its 100% safe guys - @Reedfish - its freeze dried.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  12. Pauline

    Pauline Guest

    my fish also refuse to eat it.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - tubifex worms Forum Date
Blackworms/Tubifex worms... are they the same thing?... General Discussions Jan 12, 2013
Frozen Tubifex worms General Discussions May 19, 2011
Tubifex worms General Discussions Jul 9, 2009
Wanted: Grindal Worms Wanted/Swop/Freebies Oct 15, 2025
Guppy sick ?worms Beginner Discussions Oct 12, 2025
Silkworms General Off-Topic chat Oct 11, 2022
Wanted: Grindal Worms Wanted/Swop/Freebies Apr 7, 2022

Share This Page