To clear out or not

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jay, Sep 23, 2013.

  1. Jay

    Jay

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2012
    Messages:
    471
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Boksburg Gauteng
    Hi all

    I keep finding myself in two minds . That is whether to sell few of my fish, or all of my fish ( including all my tanks) . The reason I'd do this is due to the time these tanks take me to clean. I feel that it may be affecting my studies, and my pocket a little too much haha.

    If I sold my fish and all equipments I'd look at getting myself a 1200L and maybe import an arowana with sites and relevant permits and keep just the one fish. Yet I doubt that will happen owing to how attached I am to my earth eaters and some frontosas

    if I sold my fish I'd have the following for sale.
    2 x jardini's
    3x synspilums ( one large and two babies)
    1x blue 'synspillum' or vieja zonatus
    5 clown loaches
    6 leleupi's
    3 frontosa
    1 fire eel ( my little baby)
    1 polleni
    1 tiger oscar
    1 flowerhorn ( the best one I have ever seen )
    1 parrot fish
    1 synadontis catfish ( excuse spelling)

    if I sold my tanks I'd sell a two tier four foots each with t5 lighting
    a custom sized 1.8m (about 900L)
    a sun sun 4 foot with all lighting and built in filtration ( trickle filters)

    So the reason I'm posting this is for advice on a new venture, ie different fish. The reason I have cichlids is for their constant activity so fish like discuss may not be the right avenue for me, nor planted tanks

    i too, listed all my fish to see if there is anyone interested in my fish before I decide what to do as well as the tanks

    thank you
    regards
    jason
     
  2. Guest




  3. dash

    dash

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2013
    Messages:
    3,194
    Likes Received:
    18
    Location:
    Durban
    Hi you ask a very difficult question there was some one on the forum not to long ago looking for clowns
     
  4. OP
    Jay

    Jay

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2012
    Messages:
    471
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Boksburg Gauteng
    Yes it's very difficult seeing I've had most of these fish for a couple years now. But it's a choice I might have to make if I plan to get my studies done effectively
     
  5. Ammar

    Ammar

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2012
    Messages:
    2,517
    Likes Received:
    425
    Location:
    Symhurst, Germiston
    how much for the fish? i might be interested for my work tank
     
  6. OP
    Jay

    Jay

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2012
    Messages:
    471
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Boksburg Gauteng
    Well I can upload pics and see what anyone is willing to pay. I just don't want to make a loss. I'm a student that can't afford to lose money haha. I'll upload photos now, but it must be said that I'm still deciding.
     
  7. Ammar

    Ammar

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2012
    Messages:
    2,517
    Likes Received:
    425
    Location:
    Symhurst, Germiston
    cool lets have a look - fire eel.. how big is it?
     
  8. OP
    Jay

    Jay

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2012
    Messages:
    471
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Boksburg Gauteng
    He is still small. About 20cm. To be honest he doesn't have nice colour and I'm not looking for a lot for him because he means so much to me. I have only recently got him to feed on thawed shrimp , hand fed. Very picky as I'm sure you know. He is difficult to get a photo of
     
  9. OP
    Jay

    Jay

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2012
    Messages:
    471
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Boksburg Gauteng
    Here they are

    image.jpg

    image.jpg

    image.jpg
     
  10. f-fish

    f-fish #unspecified

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2009
    Messages:
    9,642
    Likes Received:
    2,260
    Location:
    JHB - Randburg
    Doubt you will find the cash and time as rewarding as the current tank mates. Keep then and get a few more tanks, just to make sure not MTS cure will ever get you down.
     
  11. Ammar

    Ammar

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2012
    Messages:
    2,517
    Likes Received:
    425
    Location:
    Symhurst, Germiston
    nice, if you decide to maybe post some prices and we can take it from there
     
  12. OP
    Jay

    Jay

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2012
    Messages:
    471
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Boksburg Gauteng
    @f-fish that's what I'm scared of haha
    @Ammar I definitely will do
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  13. Cheetos

    Cheetos

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2013
    Messages:
    160
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    JHB
    double post, sorry
     
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  14. Cheetos

    Cheetos

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2013
    Messages:
    160
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    JHB
    Jay I might be interested in the clown loaches, how big are they? pics would be great, thanks
     
  15. ROEKSTE

    ROEKSTE

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2011
    Messages:
    840
    Likes Received:
    21
    Location:
    Pretoria
    @Jay - PM the prices for the tanks. Who knows ...
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - clear Forum Date
Wanted: Hagen Aquaclear mini filters Wanted/Swop/Freebies Nov 1, 2025
ID needed in clear shrimp ID Needed Oct 3, 2021
Aqauclear 20 replacement impeller Filtration Sep 20, 2021
Colombia Fish Import Clearance Sale Art of Aqua Jul 26, 2021
Diy aquaclear 110 media basket ideas Anything DIY related Nov 16, 2019
Aquaclear 110 media basket Filtration Nov 13, 2019
Aquaclear 110 Takealot Special Filtration Jun 24, 2019

Share This Page