Threadfin sexing

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by TheGrissom, Jun 2, 2012.

  1. TheGrissom

    TheGrissom

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2012
    Messages:
    2,266
    Likes Received:
    1,588
    Location:
    Gqeberha
    Hi Everyone

    Today I did a WC and threw some live Daphnia in for the 1st time. Tonight I saw my 2 threadfins in a clump of Java Moss. I have seen them around it before but never in it. I always thought that I had males (I still do) but I would like some confirmation. I think I have a adult male and a juvenile male. Can anyone help with this? Maybe they were just looking for more Daphnia? Thanks

    Both Threadfins 1.jpgBoth threadfins 2.jpgBoth Threadfins 3.jpgBoth Threadfins 4.jpg

    Both Threadfins 1.jpg

    Both threadfins 2.jpg

    Both Threadfins 3.jpg

    Both Threadfins 4.jpg
     
  2. Guest




  3. DewaldC

    DewaldC Magikarp

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2012
    Messages:
    1,867
    Likes Received:
    28
    Location:
    Roodepoort
    My female
    DSC_0043.jpg


    DSC_0043.jpg
     
  4. OP
    TheGrissom

    TheGrissom

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2012
    Messages:
    2,266
    Likes Received:
    1,588
    Location:
    Gqeberha
    Thanks for the pic. It confirms that both are males I think
     
  5. DewaldC

    DewaldC Magikarp

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2012
    Messages:
    1,867
    Likes Received:
    28
    Location:
    Roodepoort
    Yes . she is recovering from ich and she does have a little more colour most of the time .
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Threadfin sexing Forum Date
WANTED: Threadfin Rainbowfish (Iriatherina werneri) Sponsor Requests Oct 23, 2018
LARGE Threadfin Rainbows @ Pet Stop SA Pet Stop May 3, 2017
Iriatherina werneri - Threadfin Rainbowfish - Advice needed Beginner Discussions Jul 2, 2013
Threadfin rainbows. General Discussions Jan 11, 2013
Threadfin Cichlids Dec 3, 2012
I have Threadfin Rainbowfish fry Breeding Oct 28, 2012
Threadfin rainbowfish breeding Breeding Oct 9, 2012

Share This Page