The fishkeeper

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Kieshara, Sep 2, 2014.

  1. Kieshara

    Kieshara

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2014
    Messages:
    394
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    East london,kei mouth
    So i just payed to get the magazine for the year,,

    only R150 for 6 issues. Yay

    who else is getting THe fishkeeper magazine?
     
  2. Guest




  3. HennieRoux

    HennieRoux

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2011
    Messages:
    2,431
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    JHB, Roodepoort
    I am, this is my 2nd year, and I am always excited getting it in my post box. Great mag, great value.
     
  4. francoisve

    francoisve Killinut

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2013
    Messages:
    1,237
    Likes Received:
    13
    Location:
    Milnerton, Cape Town
    Best magazine out there is Amazonias from Germany but also available in English off course. Very good articles, always in -depth. I do not rate Fishkeeper magazine but I do subscribe purely as I feel we need to support local magazines that supports the hobby....
     
  5. OP
    Kieshara

    Kieshara

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2014
    Messages:
    394
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    East london,kei mouth
    I can wait to get it ... So excited
     
  6. Reedfish

    Reedfish Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2011
    Messages:
    13,311
    Likes Received:
    3,714
    Location:
    UK
    I subscribe to Practical Fishkeeping which is a UK based magazine.

    It is worth reading, but I do find they tend to recycle the same articles every few years.
     
  7. Cle07044

    Cle07044

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2013
    Messages:
    168
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Middelburg Mpumalanga
    Isn't it R150 for one year subscription, not six months?
     
  8. OP
    Kieshara

    Kieshara

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2014
    Messages:
    394
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    East london,kei mouth
    Yes for a year but the magazine comes out ever 2nd month
     
  9. Cle07044

    Cle07044

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2013
    Messages:
    168
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Middelburg Mpumalanga

    Ooh Ok thanks, I am still waiting for mine that I already ordered in July, apparently got lost in the post..... they will resend.
     
  10. HennieRoux

    HennieRoux

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2011
    Messages:
    2,431
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    JHB, Roodepoort
    I think the next issue is due now?
     
  11. OP
    Kieshara

    Kieshara

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2014
    Messages:
    394
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    East london,kei mouth
    @Cle07044

    i started with the july/august issue
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  12. Cle07044

    Cle07044

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2013
    Messages:
    168
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Middelburg Mpumalanga
    I also asked to be started with July but will see what I get, hope it will be soon...
     
  13. blueskipjack

    blueskipjack

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2012
    Messages:
    179
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Port Elizabeth
    Hi you can order back issues from them as well at a reduced price.I did that and it is worth it.They were quick in sending them.
     
  14. Heyhong

    Heyhong

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2014
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    0
    How much would it cost to get a practicalfishkeeping uk magazine posted to south africa?
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - fishkeeper Forum Date
Eastrand fishkeepers or shrimp keepers? General Fish Discussions Sep 9, 2020
TheFishkeeper Sept/Oct Download General Discussions Nov 20, 2019
Cape town fishkeepers meetups Cape Town Fish Keepers Oct 13, 2019
Advice needed on for a paranoid fishkeeper (new fish) General Fish Discussions Aug 16, 2019
July/August 2018 The Fishkeeper The Fishkeeper Jul 2, 2018
The Fishkeeper May/June 2018 The Fishkeeper May 3, 2018
The Fishkeeper March/April 2018 The Fishkeeper Mar 1, 2018

Share This Page