Tankmates

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Makulu, Oct 14, 2012.

  1. Makulu

    Makulu

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2012
    Messages:
    58
    Likes Received:
    20
    Location:
    Elarduspark, Pretoria
    Hi there TASA.

    So good to be able to be online again.

    I have some corys and pleco's (4x Ancistrus) that I will be moving into a 4ft tank. I decided to put Angels as tankmates so that there will be movement in the middle of the tank.

    What I would like to know is if it will be a good call to put rams in there aswell?? They are beautiful fish that also like to be at the bottom. I'm worried about the corys, if you understand? Don't want them to be bullied.

    I have 4x panda, 4x peppered, 4x albino and 4x bronze corys with a pair of albino ancistrus and a pair of spotted ancistrus. Looking to get a pair of Royal pleco's in there soon.

    I love cichlids and would like to keep the smaller species in the 4ft tank.

    Any suggestions will be welcome.

    Makulu
     
  2. Guest




  3. Zoom

    Zoom Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Messages:
    8,469
    Likes Received:
    119
    Location:
    Jhb- Fourways
    Rams and Angels both become aggressive during breeding... So I would caution you against this.
     
    Ryno likes this.
  4. OP
    Makulu

    Makulu

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2012
    Messages:
    58
    Likes Received:
    20
    Location:
    Elarduspark, Pretoria
    Thank you very much Zoom.

    As ussual you give great advise.

    I guess that I'll have to go with Guppies then as they can provide feeder fish for my Jags, Oscars, Frontosa and Midas.

    Or I can go with Gouramies???
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Tankmates Forum Date
Tankmates for tiretrack eel? Species Tanks Dec 16, 2025
RSS Feed Goldfish Tankmates: Well-Matched Companions For This Humble Fish RSS Feeds Jun 18, 2021
RSS Feed Balloon Molly: Tank Size, Tankmates, Diet, and More RSS Feeds Apr 3, 2020
RSS Feed Angelfish Tankmates: The Good And The Bad RSS Feeds Mar 30, 2020
RSS Feed Dragon Eel: Care Guide for Health, Tankmates, and More RSS Feeds Feb 25, 2020
RSS Feed Jardini Arowana: Water Conditions, Health, Tankmates & More RSS Feeds Feb 16, 2020
RSS Feed Betta tankmates | 6 species that can be kept with Betta fish RSS Feeds Mar 6, 2017

Share This Page