Store Display Progress

Discussion in 'The Planted Tank' started by Sean J, Jun 2, 2014.

  1. Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    Hey all.

    This is the progression of the display at Yuppie Pets in the last 2 weeks.

    Installed May 19.
    [​IMG]

    May 20:
    [​IMG]

    May 21: Twinstar Mini Installed.
    [​IMG]

    May 25:
    [​IMG]

    May 27:
    [​IMG]

    May 28:
    [​IMG]

    May 29:
    [​IMG]

    May 30:
    [​IMG]

    June 2:
    [​IMG]

    That's 2 weeks of growth!

    I'll keep this thread updated with the progress of this tank.
     
  2. Guest




  3. Nawaaz

    Nawaaz Tanganykman

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2009
    Messages:
    579
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Wow those plants are boosting. Looking good
     
  4. sub-lime

    sub-lime Somethings Fishy...

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2013
    Messages:
    813
    Likes Received:
    50
    Location:
    Roodekrans
    Great work Sean
     
  5. OP
    Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    The tank currently looks like this:
    IMG_2338.jpg

    IMG_2338.jpg
     
  6. SterlingAce

    SterlingAce

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2013
    Messages:
    765
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Stunning
     
  7. francoisve

    francoisve Killinut

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2013
    Messages:
    1,237
    Likes Received:
    13
    Location:
    Milnerton, Cape Town
    aaaahhhh plippen hell why can't i do this right???
     
  8. dash

    dash

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2013
    Messages:
    3,194
    Likes Received:
    18
    Location:
    Durban
    Very very impressive
     
  9. OP
    Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    Co2, Light, ferts and the ADA substrate system. It's actually really easy. Just the initial maintenance is quite heavy.

    And thanks for the kind words guys.
     
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  10. DerikPelser

    DerikPelser

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2013
    Messages:
    1,109
    Likes Received:
    13
    Location:
    Ruimsig
    I got all you mentioned, but I cant get it right....
     
  11. OP
    Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    Come on people! Stability is key. Perhaps this is what the talks should be about? I think finding the balance would be a great talk topic.
     
  12. Flash

    Flash

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2014
    Messages:
    138
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Pretoria East
    Absolutely Stunning Sean!! :congrats:

    A big fan of your masterpieces :adore:
     
  13. FrankyBZN

    FrankyBZN

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2014
    Messages:
    146
    Likes Received:
    3
    very nice Sean
     
  14. OP
    Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    Thanks guys!!
     
  15. Broder

    Broder

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,020
    Likes Received:
    34
    Location:
    East London
    Very nice tank. Amazing growth.

    Regarding finding balance and the sweet spot for optimum growth, as a beginner I can absolutely say that it's not easy. I hope someone can start a thread on it, so that I can follow too. I'm running out of ideas.
     
  16. OP
    Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    I will do a planted tank write up for you guys. I will use the ADA system as reference though, as I have the most experience with it.
     
  17. Wally007

    Wally007

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    83
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Winkelspruit,Kwa Zulu Natal
    yes please do , also have an ADA setup but it dont look like this ,this looks awesome
     
  18. OP
    Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    Cool. I will write it up tonight. I would have done it yesterday, but it was my son's 4th birthday.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Store Display Progress Forum Date
New store planted display General Discussions Dec 18, 2014
Some store displays we've set up. The Planted Tank May 19, 2014
ULTRA Rare Betta Varieties in Store at Jungle Aquatics Jungle Aquatics Apr 24, 2022
Starting a an aquarium store Advanced Topics Jul 8, 2021
Stores that specialize in Sydontis in CPT General Discussions Jun 10, 2021
Who supply’s stores General Discussions Mar 24, 2021
Online aquarium stores General Discussions Feb 4, 2021

Share This Page