Some very unwelcome guests in my fishroom

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Cheetah, Aug 3, 2010.

  1. Cheetah

    Cheetah Retired moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2009
    Messages:
    2,715
    Likes Received:
    124
    Location:
    Kimberley ( Northern Cape)
    My wife shoo's them out of the house with a piece of paper, then they just run around the house and find sanctuary in my fishroom where I "accidentally" step on them (when she's not around)...

    An accidental electrical shock from my "homemade" wiring concoction generates less reaction from me than when one of these inadvertently runs over my foot or hand.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
  2. Guest




  3. Pistolshrimp

    Pistolshrimp

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2010
    Messages:
    214
    Likes Received:
    89
    Location:
    Midrand
    Geez what are those, baboon spiders?
     
  4. Kuhli Loach

    Kuhli Loach

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2009
    Messages:
    639
    Likes Received:
    5
    Location:
    Pretoria
    They look like Wall spiders, also known as Flatties. You should be glad that you have them, they are harmless and really do a great job controlling insects.
     
  5. brads

    brads

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2010
    Messages:
    614
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    midstream estates
    Hell no .....kill those things before they multiply !
     
  6. shihr

    shihr Glosso

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2010
    Messages:
    1,838
    Likes Received:
    18
    Location:
    JHB
    OMG... cringe.. i'd kill all of them... yuck..
     
  7. AquaNewbie

    AquaNewbie AquaNewbie

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2009
    Messages:
    88
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Cape Town
    +10 with that!!!
     
  8. Q89

    Q89 Discus

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2010
    Messages:
    242
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Swakopmund
    Don't be scared!! They are more afraid of you then you are of them.
     
  9. OP
    Cheetah

    Cheetah Retired moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2009
    Messages:
    2,715
    Likes Received:
    124
    Location:
    Kimberley ( Northern Cape)
    :bigsmile:.... They better be!!! :bigsmile:
     
  10. Xtreme Wife

    Xtreme Wife

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2010
    Messages:
    84
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    swakopmund, Namibia
    There is NO WAY they are more afraid of me
     
  11. Noodle

    Noodle

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2010
    Messages:
    224
    Likes Received:
    10
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Hey those guys are cool! Had one set up home in the top corner of my bedroom. I was even able to convince the LOML to leave her be as she kept the room free from mozzies.

    I even used to throw flies and sometimes even moths into her web. She actually became quite tame. She lived there happily for about 2 years, then I found her dead on the floor under her web. I don't know if it was old age or if someone sprayed Doom without thinking.

    Over the time, she had hundreds of babies who, thankfully, moved on to greener pastures.

    Okay, so this is not about fish, but I'm replying to an active thread, so please don't beat me up if I'm off topic, it's not intentional.
     
  12. OP
    Cheetah

    Cheetah Retired moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2009
    Messages:
    2,715
    Likes Received:
    124
    Location:
    Kimberley ( Northern Cape)
    Hey!!... This all happened inside of my fishroom.... So, we're talking fish here.... :bigsmile:
     
  13. Zoom

    Zoom Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Messages:
    8,469
    Likes Received:
    119
    Location:
    Jhb- Fourways
    Most of the big spiders in our country are actually harmless. It's them small ones that we need to get rid of.

    If I didn't have a wife who has heart failure at a simple MOTH, I would be more than happy to have a spider or 2 living in my place. Before we got married, I had a rain spider that lived in my place, and a ghecko in another room. I NEVER have mosqito problems. Now that I'm married, these things "belong in the garden" and I contend with bugs and mosqito's regularily.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - very unwelcome guests Forum Date
Hi everyone New members Dec 31, 2024
Newbie but a very oldie actually New members Oct 13, 2024
GOOD DAY EVERYONE New members Jan 16, 2022
Hello everyone New members Jan 15, 2022
Hello everyone :) New members Jan 10, 2022
Water everywhere! Filtration Jun 18, 2021
Hello everybody :) New members Mar 17, 2021

Share This Page