Some store displays we've set up.

Discussion in 'The Planted Tank' started by Sean J, May 19, 2014.

  1. Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    It's been a while since I started my little business, and going around doing some store demos, so now I have put together a little album of store displays I (and a few of you guys have assisted with) have done around the country.


    First up, this little ripper which we scaped at the very first Aquarium Expo in 2012. This was on our stand... I think we've come a long way since this! LOL!
    [​IMG]



    This tank we set up at the expo, to be transported back to Dorry Pets afterwards. This tank has gone through a few changes, but it still looks pretty good.
    [​IMG]



    While we're on the Dorry Pets side, we should have a look at the beast. This tank, setup about a year ago now. Feels like longer.
    [​IMG]



    There is also the low tech we set up at the expo last year, which I must get a picture of next time I'm at Dorry Pets.

    We also did a tank at Loolilocks, but unfortunately the tank cracked a few days after the setup.


    Sams Aquarium also had a lekker tank scape day, with Ray, Angus and quite a few of you lot. This tank looks way different now, and has been looked after by Trev, Peter and a few other Sams customers:
    [​IMG]



    The tank at Petstop, which was pretty cool, but I don't have any pics of it.


    Then the most recent ones have been at Lifestyle Pet Hyper, which I need to get a proper pic of, as well as a more recent one: Setup day. (About a month ago)
    [​IMG]



    Perky Pets was set up on Thursday last week, so I'll get updated pics every so often:
    [​IMG]



    And finally, Angus and myself set this little guy up at Yuppie Pets in Bellaires on Sunday. I think when it grows in it will also be a magnificent little tank!
    [​IMG]



    It's been a busy couple of years!
     
  2. Guest




  3. dash

    dash

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2013
    Messages:
    3,194
    Likes Received:
    18
    Location:
    Durban
    Hey bud.

    Some stunning tanks there. Well done. When you coming to durbs to set one up for me?
     
  4. OP
    Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    When you booking the flight? :tongue:
     
  5. HennieRoux

    HennieRoux

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2011
    Messages:
    2,431
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    JHB, Roodepoort
    @Sean J will you be doing something for @JungleAquatics for their opening? I think you need to convince guys like VIP pets @ northgate and strubens valley, along with the hillfox branch and Pretoria branch to get something going there as well, they are missing out! Use that great selling skills of yours!

    I rate Perky pets and Sams the best if I was judging...haha
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  6. sub-lime

    sub-lime Somethings Fishy...

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2013
    Messages:
    813
    Likes Received:
    50
    Location:
    Roodekrans
    Great work!
     
  7. Reedfish

    Reedfish Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2011
    Messages:
    13,311
    Likes Received:
    3,714
    Location:
    UK
    Some fantastic tanks there
    Very nice
     
  8. Flash

    Flash

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2014
    Messages:
    138
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Pretoria East
    Stunning Set-ups!! :congrats::adore:

    The Dorry Pets Setup is my Favorite :top:
     
  9. Skye01

    Skye01

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2011
    Messages:
    1,273
    Likes Received:
    17
    Location:
    Rynfield, Benoni. GP
    Awesome Sean... I remember talking to you when you were still involved in the negotiation stage to bring the ADA into SA. It seems like almost a lifetime ago.

    You and your little company really have grown in leaps and bounds, it's so awesome to see.

    Congratulations on some really epic set-ups.
     
  10. OP
    Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    Yes, it's been a very tough 3 years. I can't actually believe it's nearly 3 years now. But you know what they say, put in the hard yards, and it will happen!

    I'm doing another store setup on Thursday in Vereeneging.
     
  11. Flash

    Flash

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2014
    Messages:
    138
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Pretoria East
    Nice! Where if I may ask?

    I moved to PTA this year from that side :)
     
  12. OP
    Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    Doing the display at Die Visdam.
     
  13. Flash

    Flash

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2014
    Messages:
    138
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Pretoria East
    Ah!! Love that place!

    Know Ernst very well! He's a discus enthusiast himself :) Please send my regards (Gordon)

    Good luck and please post some pics once done!! :top:
     
  14. OP
    Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    Will do, and will do! I lived I. The Vaal for 4 years. Got out as soon as I could! Hahah!
     
  15. OP
    Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    This is the tank we did at Die Visdam. This was on the day of the setup, I am trying to find a more recent pic, I will upload when I find it.


    IMG_2181.jpg

    And this is the Tank at Lifestyle. It's looking pretty cool. (Sorry about the Glare. It's really hard to get a good pic of this one.)
    IMG_2339.jpg

    IMG_2181.jpg

    IMG_2339.jpg
     
  16. Ichtus

    Ichtus

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2014
    Messages:
    70
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    These tanks are awesome. I wouldn't mind having one like that. Well done!!! :party:
     
  17. HennieRoux

    HennieRoux

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2011
    Messages:
    2,431
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    JHB, Roodepoort
    @Sean J I must be honest, I see both tanks @ yuppies and lifestyle, and both looks amazing. But that tank @ lifestyle is really impresive! Healthy. Love the 2 carpets as well.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  18. OP
    Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    Thanks Hennie. The tank at yuppie pets is also a multi carpet tank. It is glosso and Monte Carlo. But I do love the carpet in the lifestyle tank as well.
     
  19. HennieRoux

    HennieRoux

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2011
    Messages:
    2,431
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    JHB, Roodepoort
    @Sean J yes, I saw that, I think the hair grass looks great in a carpet though. Then The tank @ lifestyle, what wattage light are you running per litre in that tank? For a good looking tank it seems rather low with that odysea unit? Also how many hours of light a day?
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  20. OP
    Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    The light unit is a 24watt x 4 unit. It's not a lot of light, but there is ample ambient light in the shop as well. If I was going to hazard a guess at their lighting schedule, I'd say it's on for at least 9 hours a day.

    You don't need a hell of a lot of light as long as there is enough Co2, it will work.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - store displays we've Forum Date
ULTRA Rare Betta Varieties in Store at Jungle Aquatics Jungle Aquatics Apr 24, 2022
Starting a an aquarium store Advanced Topics Jul 8, 2021
Stores that specialize in Sydontis in CPT General Discussions Jun 10, 2021
Who supply’s stores General Discussions Mar 24, 2021
Online aquarium stores General Discussions Feb 4, 2021
General maintenance and interest at fish stores General Discussions Sep 3, 2019
Wanted: Good, reliable fish/aquarium stores in Cape Town. General Discussions May 29, 2019

Share This Page