Some Eyecandy

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by Neels, Jan 24, 2013.

  1. Neels

    Neels

    Joined:
    May 21, 2012
    Messages:
    251
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Elspark, Germiston
    So I bought my first DSLR Camera (Nikon D3100) and seeing that you guys and girls like pics so much, I've posted a few. I still need some practice with the camera, but playing is the best way to learn...

    DSC_0034.jpg
    DSC_0044.jpg
    DSC_0088.jpg
    DSC_0097.JPG
    DSC_0099.jpg

    DSC_0034.jpg

    DSC_0044.jpg

    DSC_0088.jpg

    DSC_0097.JPG

    DSC_0099.jpg
     
  2. Guest




  3. OP
    Neels

    Neels

    Joined:
    May 21, 2012
    Messages:
    251
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Elspark, Germiston
  4. OP
    Neels

    Neels

    Joined:
    May 21, 2012
    Messages:
    251
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Elspark, Germiston
  5. jabula 7749

    jabula 7749 jabula

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2011
    Messages:
    716
    Likes Received:
    70
    Location:
    port elizabeth
  6. Ammar

    Ammar

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2012
    Messages:
    2,517
    Likes Received:
    425
    Location:
    Symhurst, Germiston
  7. Reedfish

    Reedfish Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2011
    Messages:
    13,311
    Likes Received:
    3,714
    Location:
    UK
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  8. oscar freak

    oscar freak

    Joined:
    May 5, 2010
    Messages:
    3,655
    Likes Received:
    56
    Location:
    Kensington Jhb
    sweet
     
  9. hazelbag

    hazelbag

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2012
    Messages:
    299
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    JHB - East Rand
    Nice kribs dude
     
  10. mnrdelange

    mnrdelange

    Joined:
    May 15, 2012
    Messages:
    43
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Pretoria (other side of the mountain)
    Very nice pictures!

    What settings did you use?

    Shutter speed / ISO / Aperture ?
     
  11. Hawk

    Hawk Clown Fish :-)

    Joined:
    May 25, 2012
    Messages:
    5,147
    Likes Received:
    80
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Nice fish. Nice pics.
     
  12. OP
    Neels

    Neels

    Joined:
    May 21, 2012
    Messages:
    251
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Elspark, Germiston
    @mnrdelange I just used the sports setting on the camera. I've tried playing around with the manual settings, but doesn't to work as well as the sports setting. And my lenses aren't too great. Wanna save up for a propper sigma lens. I do however seem to get the best results when I manual focus. But I still need lots of practice. My favourite type of photography so far is landscapes with a bit abstractness...
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  13. rudig

    rudig

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2012
    Messages:
    209
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Amazing pictures! And fish!
     

Recent Posts

Share This Page