1. All ads must contain photo's of actual equipment/livestock for sale. Please read the rules before selling.

Silver Arowana

Discussion in 'Livestock Classifieds' started by Rens, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rens

    Rens

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2011
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    George, Western Cape
    Hi,
    I've got a 45cm female silver arowana I need to sell as I'm scaling down on my fishtanks. I'm looking in the region of R1300 for it.
     
  2. Guest




  3. Arrow Boy

    Arrow Boy

    Joined:
    May 17, 2011
    Messages:
    1,220
    Likes Received:
    206
    Location:
    Gauteng
    Hi Rens,

    If you dont mind me asking, how do you know its female? and can you post a pic please.

    Thanks,
     
  4. OP
    Rens

    Rens

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2011
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    George, Western Cape
    Hi,
    The difference between the male and female is that the male's jaw is longer (goes past the top lip). Because he needs "more space" when guarding the eggs and fry. I'll try to upload a picture as soon as I have decent internet signal. :(
     
  5. Arrow Boy

    Arrow Boy

    Joined:
    May 17, 2011
    Messages:
    1,220
    Likes Received:
    206
    Location:
    Gauteng
    No problem, my internet signal has been up the wall all week!
     

Recent Posts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page