Shrimp for Silver Arowana

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Singhms, Sep 11, 2011.

  1. Arrow Boy

    Arrow Boy

    Joined:
    May 17, 2011
    Messages:
    1,220
    Likes Received:
    206
    Location:
    Gauteng
    @azurekoi

    I had a quick Q.

    I got the shrimp from PnP like you suggested and defrosted some.

    I dropped them into the water, my aro grabbed 1 and ate it. He seems to like it.

    Only problem is they sink very quickly to the bottom and he doesnt get to them in time...

    Is there a trick to getting them to float? I am trying to dry a few a little and see it that helps.

    Thanks for the help
     
  2. Guest




  3. azurekoi

    azurekoi Loaches & Gobies

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2010
    Messages:
    4,077
    Likes Received:
    61
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Nope,they sink...like a rock...If they the bigger shrimp,you could try inserting one of those longish cichlid floating pellets into them...should at least make them sink a bit slower + its like "gut loading" the shrimps.....lol
     
  4. Gilbertr14

    Gilbertr14 Phenacogrammus

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2009
    Messages:
    746
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Kraaifontein, Cape Town
    You could always hand feed him.

    With Braai tongs if you like our fingers.
     
  5. OP
    Arrow Boy

    Arrow Boy

    Joined:
    May 17, 2011
    Messages:
    1,220
    Likes Received:
    206
    Location:
    Gauteng
    Thanks guys, I dont think I want to put my hand in the tank lol

    I am gonna try and dry them abit and see if that helps!
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Shrimp Silver Arowana Forum Date
Breeding shrimp query Breeding May 18, 2026
Wanted: Fairy Shrimp Wanted/Swop/Freebies May 2, 2026
Wanted: Looking for shrimps Wanted/Swop/Freebies Dec 31, 2025
Wanted: Shrimp and low tech plants Wanted/Swop/Freebies Dec 4, 2025
Scuds & Seed Shrimp General Discussions Jun 9, 2025
Wanted: Amano shrimp Wanted/Swop/Freebies May 26, 2025
Wanted: Plants, wood, shrimp. Wanted/Swop/Freebies May 8, 2025

Share This Page