Removing the eggs of my bristle nose pleco's?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Rob, Oct 20, 2011.

  1. Rob

    Rob

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2011
    Messages:
    113
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    White River,Mpumalanga
    My Bristle nose pleco male is guarding the second batch of eggs, the first batch was devoured by my loaches, can a person remove eggs into another tank? Do I transfer daddy and log with eggs? Please help!
     
  2. Guest




  3. Lizid

    Lizid

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2010
    Messages:
    1,652
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    I would personally move the lot if you can!!!
     
  4. OP
    Rob

    Rob

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2011
    Messages:
    113
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    White River,Mpumalanga
    Cool!Thanks. Just as well I have a small tank running,water parameters almost identical to big tank.
     
  5. Laracroft

    Laracroft

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2011
    Messages:
    253
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Strubensvalley - Roodepoort
    Move dad and eggs
     
  6. Reedfish

    Reedfish Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2011
    Messages:
    13,311
    Likes Received:
    3,714
    Location:
    UK
    I would rather move the loaches if that is an option.
    Catching the father and moving eggs etc risks stressing the father.

    What else do you have in the tank?
    If there are no other bottom dwellers, the eggs should be ok with the father. As soon as they hatch though and start swimming about, I would then move them on to a tank of their own to grow on a bit.
     
  7. OP
    Rob

    Rob

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2011
    Messages:
    113
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    White River,Mpumalanga
    Thanks guys. Unfortunately I was to late,could not move them the same evening,would have run the risk of waking up my wife and 6 month old daughter that is busy teething!

    My tank has a lot of bottom dwellers! 7x clown loaches(size 12-almost 20 cm) 3x small clowns, 3x zebra loaches,2x scavenger loaches, 2x kuli loaches, 1x high-fin loach,16xcory's,3x spotted doradrid's,3x L201,1x vitata pleco,BN pair and 2x fire eel's!

    Moving daddy and eggs would have been easier.

    Thanks for every ones input.
     
  8. sarf

    sarf

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2009
    Messages:
    677
    Likes Received:
    5
    Location:
    Cape town
    I reckon you need to post some pics of your tank..I like your selection of fish..if you have a close up shot of your L201 please post..I want to compare to my group I have..there is a lot of confusion regarding the mixing up of hyp contradens,hyp inspector and L201
     
  9. Reedfish

    Reedfish Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2011
    Messages:
    13,311
    Likes Received:
    3,714
    Location:
    UK
    Yup, it does seem that you have a lot of bottom dwellers in your tank. :captain:
    Are you not able to set up another small tank and dedicate it to breeding the Plecs?
     
  10. OP
    Rob

    Rob

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2011
    Messages:
    113
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    White River,Mpumalanga
    Will be setting up tank for pleco's towards the end of the year,been trying to upload pics,but cant seem to get it right. Will try again tomorrow.
    Got my L201's from Altum.

    009 (2).jpg

    011 (2).jpg

    012 (2).jpg

    014 (2).jpg

    015 (2).jpg
     
  11. OP
    Rob

    Rob

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2011
    Messages:
    113
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    White River,Mpumalanga
    some more pics

    324.jpg

    309.jpg

    310.jpg

    311.jpg

    312.jpg
     
  12. OP
    Rob

    Rob

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2011
    Messages:
    113
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    White River,Mpumalanga
    Few more319.jpg320.jpg321.jpg322.jpg

    319.jpg

    320.jpg

    321.jpg

    322.jpg
     
  13. Skye01

    Skye01

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2011
    Messages:
    1,273
    Likes Received:
    17
    Location:
    Rynfield, Benoni. GP
    I love your spotted Plec. Which one is it? I see that in the previous set of pics you have a pic of a pleco, what is it? In the last 2 pics it's a little hard to make this dude out... What is he? Thanks.

    Love the styling of the tank, please post a fts I'd love to see the whole thing.
     
  14. OP
    Rob

    Rob

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2011
    Messages:
    113
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    White River,Mpumalanga
    Morning Catfish.
    The small pleco is the L201 Inspector,the other is my female Bristle nose pleco.Here are some pics of tank.139.jpg157.jpg158.jpg

    139.jpg

    157.jpg

    158.jpg
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Removing eggs bristle Forum Date
Need help with removing scratches General Discussions Jul 7, 2021
Ich question on removing carbon Diseases Jul 27, 2020
Removing an internal sump Filtration May 14, 2020
RSS Feed Caring For and Removing Bubble Algae RSS Feeds Feb 19, 2020
Removing fish? Beginner Discussions Jan 8, 2020
Pulling biceps and removing doors General Equipment discussion Nov 3, 2019
Removing stubborn algae from glass Beginner Discussions Apr 22, 2018

Share This Page