Regret

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by CharlieB, Jan 12, 2012.

  1. CharlieB

    CharlieB

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2011
    Messages:
    217
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Salt Rock, KZN
    Sometimes I almost regret getting into this hobby. Before a fish was a fish was a fish to me. Now I go into my LFS and see a tank with the same Discus that have been in there for 2 months plus some new ones and having an idea of their requirements and what they should look like not the sad droopy brown tinged way they look now and I get seriously bleak(all be it that their tank is very clean with an air stone etc)! Plus I cant help but think is there some way I could maybe "save them" but sadly that is not an option and I cant go out buying every fish that needs help.........
     
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  2. Guest




  3. Vis

    Vis Gerhard

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2009
    Messages:
    6,130
    Likes Received:
    132
    Location:
    Rustenburg
    Know how you feel. I did myself a favour and told myself never to return to LPS like these.
     
  4. tracyp

    tracyp Lotus

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2010
    Messages:
    1,619
    Likes Received:
    31
    Location:
    Stanford, Western Cape
    I'm with you - which means both LPS are outta bounds...

    Hate watching the poor little discus fade away, but I know I don't have the appropriate water conditions.

    I think it's a part of becoming fish-educated.
     
  5. ASHMAN

    ASHMAN

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2011
    Messages:
    420
    Likes Received:
    13
    Location:
    Durban
    every few weeks , we do this to ourselves. as individuals , we go into lps's and come back to our discussion boards and rant! i say as a forum, we should pool our power and start doing something about this. how ? maybe if we draw up a plan of action , seek assistance with from our long standing members and moderators, and get as much information from the respective bodies like the spca etc etc. then maybe we can move forward . if not punishment , atleast education on how fish should be kept. sounds tedious and somewhat like a mountain to climb. however , if we educate , atleast a single lps in each area, its a start and a job well done!
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Regret Forum Date
A tale of yonder fish an regrets New members Jun 1, 2011

Share This Page