Refilling a Co2 Canister

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Starlin, Apr 5, 2016.

  1. Starlin

    Starlin

    Joined:
    May 30, 2014
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi all,

    I am new to owning a planted tank. Its all going well, about 6 months into it. I was using the disposable Co2 kits from Oyster and then last month I upgraded and purchased a 5KG canister (second hand) that works a charm until I realised I need to fill it. I have been phoning around and driving around asking who can fill it but I am having no joy :notrust:.

    Can someone please tell me where I can fill it? I live in Amanzimtoti / KZN.

    A pick of the canister and my tank just for.

    20160405_115333[1].jpg

    20160405_115342[1].jpg
     
  2. Guest




  3. Smurf Man

    Smurf Man Smurfalicious

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2015
    Messages:
    115
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Centurion
    I dont know Toti so can't comment on that...but trim and replant your stems (they'll grow bushier)
     
  4. OP
    Starlin

    Starlin

    Joined:
    May 30, 2014
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanks, for the advice. :)
     
  5. Charine

    Charine

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2016
    Messages:
    129
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Vredendal
    Have you tried making your own system for times like this when you can't have it refilled?

    I saw a great DIY one for VERY CHEAP on youtube yesterday. Just search DIY CO2 generator.

    It basically uses:
    2 1liter plastic bottles or 3 500ml bottles.
    some yeast (the type you make bread and vetkoek with)
    some sugar.
    Airline tubing.
     
  6. OP
    Starlin

    Starlin

    Joined:
    May 30, 2014
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ive seen a video on it before.... a idea but I cant believe there is no where to fill the canister up. I keep your suggestion as a backup.
     
  7. OP
    Starlin

    Starlin

    Joined:
    May 30, 2014
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Sorted found a place at long last :) happy plants
     
  8. guillaume

    guillaume

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2014
    Messages:
    541
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Pretoria eats garsfontein
    Do paint shops do them ? I only do lo tech plants ^^
     
  9. quattro

    quattro

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2014
    Messages:
    540
    Likes Received:
    17
    As far as i know. Paintball shops can only do up to 2kg bottles.
    But glad you found a place. Always good to have a full spare around just in case
     
  10. Miller

    Miller

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2016
    Messages:
    308
    Likes Received:
    24
    Take it to an airrifle store, PCP Air Rifles are refilled woth Co2. Try Safari & Outdoor if there is one in your area
     
  11. mik

    mik

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2014
    Messages:
    84
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Durban
    Hi. The Durban guys generally refill at chubb alarm in Umgeni Road.



    Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Refilling Canister Forum Date
Co2 refilling in Durban? General Equipment discussion May 14, 2018
CO2 refilling in Johannesburg Planted Tanks Sep 16, 2015
Refilling c02 bottle in Durban Beginner Discussions Feb 5, 2015
Co2 refilling in Cape Town? Planted Tanks Sep 26, 2013
Save 20% on the Oase BioMaster Canister Filter Today Jungle Aquatics Mar 4, 2026
Wanted: Canister filter Wanted Wanted/Swop/Freebies Jan 12, 2026
20% Off Oase BioMaster Thermo Canister Filters - Limited Time! Jungle Aquatics Sep 18, 2025

Share This Page