Red Zebra Danios

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by hein24, Aug 29, 2011.

  1. Dirk

    Dirk Dwarf Catfish

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2009
    Messages:
    2,514
    Likes Received:
    81
    Location:
    Somerset West
    Hi Hein,

    My advice is that you shoulf feed some freshly hatched brine shrimps. If you do not feed them bs, then you tend to find a greater percentage of fishes with fin and body abnormalities, and the fishes will also grow faster if you feed bs.

    Don't let anyone put you off about the GM story, this colour does not harm the fishes in the least, that I am in a better position to tell you than anyone on this forum because this falls directly in my field of expertise (biochemistry and molecular biology).

    Kind regards,

    Dirk
     
  2. Guest




  3. OP
    hein24

    hein24 Betta

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2011
    Messages:
    1,442
    Likes Received:
    16
    Location:
    Roodepoort
    Wow thanks prof. Yes I will start feeding them hatched bs just struggling to get my hands on some. I do feed them some micro worm twice a week. To be honest prof some people dont like them being GM but I love them as I love all my fish their just as normal to me as my Rams are. Thanks for the advise and the kind words.

    :bigsmile:
     
  4. Vez

    Vez

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2011
    Messages:
    2,076
    Likes Received:
    19
    Location:
    Krugersdorp Jhb
    hey all

    just want to say thanks to @hein24 for the 5 new pink"ish" fishy friends!
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  5. Lizid

    Lizid

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2010
    Messages:
    1,652
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    @hein24 are they ready to move yet?
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  6. Vez

    Vez

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2011
    Messages:
    2,076
    Likes Received:
    19
    Location:
    Krugersdorp Jhb
    Hey Lizid, yip they are ready to move! They have been moving from the day they hatched! They sometimes move up, then they move to the right…..and then to the left…..and they move the most at feeding time!!!!lmao

    I must admit, that the 5 I got from hein, are to say thanks for using the Fry Food I provided him with!
     
  7. Lizid

    Lizid

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2010
    Messages:
    1,652
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    @Ves awesome I will have a chat to him, PS dude check your mail...
     
  8. OP
    hein24

    hein24 Betta

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2011
    Messages:
    1,442
    Likes Received:
    16
    Location:
    Roodepoort
    Thanks for the Liquifry bud, hope you manage to get them full size.. Perhaps boost them with that bs..


    Dude not entirely there yet, Vez took his on own risk and raising them. I will let you know when they are good to go.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  9. OP
    hein24

    hein24 Betta

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2011
    Messages:
    1,442
    Likes Received:
    16
    Location:
    Roodepoort
    @Vez please take a pic and post here, I know for a fact your camera is better than mine...
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  10. Lizid

    Lizid

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2010
    Messages:
    1,652
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    Ah Awesome dude...
     
  11. Vez

    Vez

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2011
    Messages:
    2,076
    Likes Received:
    19
    Location:
    Krugersdorp Jhb
    pics of the little dudes:

    Pink ones.jpg

    Pink ones.jpg
     
  12. Dirk

    Dirk Dwarf Catfish

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2009
    Messages:
    2,514
    Likes Received:
    81
    Location:
    Somerset West
    But I see the one is an Endler Zebra, is this a new breed that you are starting now as well?

    Kind regards,

    Dirk
     
  13. Lizid

    Lizid

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2010
    Messages:
    1,652
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    HAHAHAHA.... Prof thats funny... I would get a couple if they were True...
     
  14. Vez

    Vez

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2011
    Messages:
    2,076
    Likes Received:
    19
    Location:
    Krugersdorp Jhb
    Haha, yes Dirk, as you know those Endlers are promiscuous!!! And they only want to do one thing!

    Nah, they are super inquisitive!
     
  15. OP
    hein24

    hein24 Betta

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2011
    Messages:
    1,442
    Likes Received:
    16
    Location:
    Roodepoort
    Thanks for the pic dude, I added the one remaining fast growing baby to my community tank everyone thought he was flake food but when he caught the current of the filter all the other fish saw he was actually a fish so then they all relaxed.. But the little dudes are fast so even if instinct of the other fish do kick in there's alot of hiding space in the plants and driftwood.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Zebra Danios Forum Date
Freebie: Platies & Zebra Danios Wanted/Swop/Freebies Aug 9, 2021
Red Zebra danios compatible with baby Bristlenose pleco ? General Discussions Apr 14, 2018
Breeding Zebra Danios Breeding Mar 19, 2015
Pink/red zebra danios General Fish Discussions Jan 12, 2015
4x Blue Zebra Danios Giveaway General Fish Discussions Jul 7, 2014
Tb or mycrobacterium in zebra danios Diseases Apr 20, 2012
Red zebra danios General Discussions Apr 21, 2011

Share This Page