Question about chemical on hands

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Ladysphinx, Dec 14, 2016.

  1. Ladysphinx

    Ladysphinx

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2016
    Messages:
    889
    Likes Received:
    267
    Location:
    Benoni AH
    So today I worked with Jayes Fluid and now I can't get the smell of my hands, It also stained my nails. I tried everything to get rid of it but nothing is working. I need to work in my tanks but I'm worried about it leeching into my fish tanks.
     
  2. Guest




  3. Baron Snr

    Baron Snr

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2016
    Messages:
    55
    Likes Received:
    18
    Location:
    West Rand
    Eish. Not to sure but i have a bucket of condish crystals to sterilize my nets. Not sure if that would work. Would say hang 10 on the tanks till you get a response that seems valid sorry.

    Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
     
  4. MariaS

    MariaS Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2015
    Messages:
    8,740
    Likes Received:
    3,581
    Location:
    Klipriver, Midvaal
    I hve never had jeyes fluid on my hands but have had other chemicals etc
    I usually soak my hands in Jik to bleach out whatever might be on them and then wash a few times in soapy water
    Finaly rinse them in some prime or whatever conditioner you use

    I am sure after that you should be fine
     
    dorff likes this.
  5. dorff

    dorff

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2014
    Messages:
    258
    Likes Received:
    94
    Location:
    Hartbeespoort
    You can also use sodium thiosulphate, a.k.a. hypo or sodium hyposulphate (available from farmers' co-ops), and do a 1 minute soak in a 5 % solution. That will take care of any chlorine and oxidising chemicals. Something that often works for stains is a 5% solution of sodium sulphite. Potassium sulphite will also work. A farmer's co-op might have some of it, as it is a wine/juice additive.
     
    Ladysphinx likes this.

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Question chemical hands Forum Date
Grow-out tank questions. Breeding Jan 30, 2025
Fry food source questions? General Fish Discussions Jan 19, 2025
Co2 Reactor questions General Equipment discussion Dec 31, 2023
Dophin c2400 maintenance question - air in system General Equipment discussion Oct 29, 2022
CO2 regulator installation question General Equipment discussion Sep 12, 2022
A work in progress - many questions! Planted Tanks Jun 30, 2022
Using materials you find in nature question General Discussions Aug 6, 2021

Share This Page