1. All ads must contain photo's of actual equipment/livestock for sale. Please read the rules before selling.

Quality filter sponges (large to be able to custom cut)

Discussion in 'Equipment Classifieds' started by PappaBear, Dec 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PappaBear

    PappaBear

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2011
    Messages:
    487
    Likes Received:
    162
    Location:
    Moorreesburg
    Hi all

    I am finding it real hard to find proper (or any) filter sponges in the cape town area.... most places sell filter floss or sponge inserts for other filters.

    I need large quality sponges to use in my sump and for a Hamburg Matter filter.

    Please help!
     
  2. Guest




  3. AquaAddict

    AquaAddict

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2011
    Messages:
    315
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Durbanville
    Perhaps checkout Aquatic Vision in Brackenfell. I saw several sponges at Sam's in Tokai and since Aquatic Vision is also their store they should have or be able to get.
    PM me if you need directions.
     
  4. f-fish

    f-fish #unspecified

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2009
    Messages:
    9,642
    Likes Received:
    2,260
    Location:
    JHB - Randburg
    @Altum migh be able to help ... PM him.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  5. azurekoi

    azurekoi Loaches & Gobies

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2010
    Messages:
    4,077
    Likes Received:
    61
    Location:
    Pretoria
    My old trick.... when LFS's/LPS's (and even TASA...lol) cant provide the answer.... Use your telephone book - Start with "Karen Plastics" - Get the specs on the foam you want though - Google WILL be your friend...lol
     
  6. f-fish

    f-fish #unspecified

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2009
    Messages:
    9,642
    Likes Received:
    2,260
    Location:
    JHB - Randburg
    True and then that did not work for me (I wanted a range of ppi's) I just ordered it form .de but with the rand / dollar being stuffed it is probably not worth it at this this stage.
     

Recent Posts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page