Pretoria zoo :)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by KennyG, Sep 4, 2012.

  1. OP
    KennyG

    KennyG

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2012
    Messages:
    762
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Centurion
  2. Guest




  3. Anine

    Anine

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2011
    Messages:
    421
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Pretoria
    I LOVE pretoria zoo. I can spend a whole day there with my camera.
    how awesome is that axolotl?
     
  4. Skye01

    Skye01

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2011
    Messages:
    1,273
    Likes Received:
    17
    Location:
    Rynfield, Benoni. GP
    That fresh water electric eel needs a make over - Damn but he's UGLY!

    I just found the perfect place to take kids that tap on tank glass - the Pirhanna tank:laugh:
     
  5. OP
    KennyG

    KennyG

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2012
    Messages:
    762
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Centurion
    i was so irritated when a bunch of school kids started hitting the tank so he would shock the water... felt so sorry for the poor guy... those kids are stupid tho if they cracked the glass or something that fish has enough power to knock them out
     
  6. Bazil

    Bazil Bazil

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2012
    Messages:
    1,593
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Sasolburg
    @KennyG, cool pics. Now I believe you. I see they even have a Tiger fish in there. Beyond cool man.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  7. Reedfish

    Reedfish Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2011
    Messages:
    13,311
    Likes Received:
    3,714
    Location:
    UK
    A lfs not too far away from me had an electric eel for sale.
    Was sooooo tempted, but don't really want to dedicate my tank to 1 fish.

    I think when I come to SA in December, I must definately see if I can go up to Pretoria for a day. Definately want to go to the Aquarium again.
     
  8. OP
    KennyG

    KennyG

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2012
    Messages:
    762
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Centurion
    i would reall suggest it! @Reedfish
    @
    SloMo.00. i loved the tiger fish in the tank :D never thought it was possible
     
    Bazil likes this.
  9. Bazil

    Bazil Bazil

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2012
    Messages:
    1,593
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Sasolburg
    Yeah. great thing is you can see it interact with other fish in there. Wonder what they feed it?
     
  10. OP
    KennyG

    KennyG

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2012
    Messages:
    762
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Centurion
    lots and lots of meat , hungry fellows they are...
     
  11. Razer2007

    Razer2007 Danelle Vivier

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2011
    Messages:
    1,278
    Likes Received:
    17
    Location:
    Melkbosstrand, Cape Town
    Awesome Axolotl.
     
  12. spock rider

    spock rider discus

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2009
    Messages:
    223
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Northcliff, JHB
    Nice! I was there about a year ago was also impressed, I managed to get someone to show me the pump rooms, quite amazing.
    The only issue I had was the state of the trout they had, poor fellows do not do well in captivity, water has to be below 16.
    Are the trout still there @KennyG ?

    Cobus Hebbert
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  13. Fanlie

    Fanlie

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2010
    Messages:
    156
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanks for post and show photo. was nice.
    DO you know how big is clown loach? 10cm+?
     
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  14. Rickus

    Rickus

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2010
    Messages:
    645
    Likes Received:
    10
    Location:
    Bethlehem
    Did you take pics of the Malawi Setup?
     
  15. OP
    KennyG

    KennyG

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2012
    Messages:
    762
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Centurion
    @Rickus well my brother had the camera and i cant see any pics but i iwsh he did cause it was just colours everywhere
    @Fanlie those loaches were still fairly small , i think they were near the 10 cm region tho
    @spock rider yea the trout are still there and there are a lot if i might add so i dont know if they were happy or not but looked happy
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Pretoria Forum Date
Freebie: Fish and plant freebie Pretoria East Wanted/Swop/Freebies Nov 21, 2022
Wanted: Hornwort, if anyone in pretoria is looking for some.. Wanted/Swop/Freebies Feb 16, 2022
Plant Cuttings around Pretoria Aquatic plants Nov 3, 2021
Wanted: Peat Moss in Gauteng / Pretoria Wanted/Swop/Freebies Jun 1, 2021
Freebie: Red Devil babies available in Pretoria East. Just collect Wanted/Swop/Freebies May 28, 2021
Any egg tumblers for sale in Pretoria General Discussions May 6, 2021
Tank Moving Services in Pretoria Planted Tanks Apr 13, 2021

Share This Page