1. All ads must contain photo's of actual equipment/livestock for sale. Please read the rules before selling.

plants

Discussion in 'Livestock Classifieds' started by fshygirl101, Feb 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fshygirl101

    fshygirl101

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2010
    Messages:
    235
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Secunda
    Hi guys

    Please guys, I need some plants. I'm busy setting up a hi tech planted tank (t5s, co2, aquasoil) and I could really use some nice cuttings or plant babies. I'll gladly pay 4 them. It will be my first hi-tech planted setup and I would really like to start ASAP because I have a deadline. I'm particularly looking for mosses, especially fissdens (spelling?). I'm also very interested in foreground plants, so far my favs are utricularia graminiafolia, glossostigma elantinoides, riccia fluitans and hemianthus callitrichroides (I spelled those all by myself - I :love: all these latin names I'm learning!). I'm especially interested in fine leaved plants 4 this tank. any help would be appreciated. If no one here can help me maybe somebody could direct me 2 a nice plant selling pet shop...

    PS: Can collect tomorrow or in two weeks. I do not live in JHB.
     
  2. Guest




  3. gdt78

    gdt78

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2011
    Messages:
    620
    Likes Received:
    5
    Location:
    Jhb - East rand
    I have some extra spiky moss left.
     
  4. Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    I have some Christmas moss (I think it is anyway) I have riccia (Blacklisted plant) I have HC, I have some Glosso, I have Staurogyne repens...

    Stems: Pogestomon stelatus, Myaca, Willow Hygro, Rotala colorata, Hemianthus micranthemoides, and some others...

    You coming to collect or am I posting? :p
     
  5. OP
    fshygirl101

    fshygirl101

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2010
    Messages:
    235
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Secunda
    Awesome! Now I wish I came last time! How much are you wanting 4 some of those? or are they random clippings?
     
  6. OP
    fshygirl101

    fshygirl101

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2010
    Messages:
    235
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Secunda
    BTW, I am coming to collect this time. Do you have a planted display tank?
     
  7. OP
    fshygirl101

    fshygirl101

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2010
    Messages:
    235
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Secunda
    Aggh sorry thread viewers 4 my 3 posts, I'm a little scatter-brained today...

    thanks very much 4 the offer, Sadly it's really not practical 4 me to come and collect just some moss clippings. Don't get me wrong, really, THANK YOU for the offer, but postage is not really worth it 2 be honest.

    sorry,
    Alex
     
  8. Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    The clippings are in my clipping tank, not my display tank. The clipping tank is just to keep some nice plants and spread the nice plants. So all the plants I really want to keep go into the clipping tank.

    I do not charge for clippings. I just ask that when you trim them, you give them on to someone else.

    You should still have my phone number. Give me a shout when you want to come an collect. Saturday mornings before 11am are out though. It is my time with my son.
     
  9. Lizid

    Lizid

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2010
    Messages:
    1,652
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    @Sean J, dude if it is the moss you got from me ten yes it is christmas moss, how much of the Pogestomons stelatus and Myaca have you got there and can I get some?

    Sorry about the thread hijack toucan have it back now (",)...
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  10. oscar freak

    oscar freak

    Joined:
    May 5, 2010
    Messages:
    3,655
    Likes Received:
    56
    Location:
    Kensington Jhb
    iv got crypts,indian fern and rotala i'm looking to swop for driftwood.
     
  11. Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    @Lizid - Dude, I have a little to spare! Come around over the weekend and we can organize.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  12. Double-D

    Double-D David

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2011
    Messages:
    452
    Likes Received:
    9
    Location:
    Secunda, Mpumalanga
    I have some tropica strain broad leaf java fern offspring for you if you are interested
     
  13. OP
    fshygirl101

    fshygirl101

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2010
    Messages:
    235
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Secunda
    thanks 4 all the offers! @Sean J how is monday? morning or evening? @Oscar freak thanks so much 4 the offer, let me just check where you live on a map 2 make sure it's not too far off, or I will get in trouble for accepting. BTW, sure I have some spare driftwood....

    Thanks @Double-D, I think I will take you up on that offer, I really want to come and see your tanks anyway. Can you please pm me your address and when you are available?

    BTW, I'm really impressed by all the offers. I kinda expected this thread to die much more quickly. GO TASA!:leisure:
     
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  14. OP
    fshygirl101

    fshygirl101

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2010
    Messages:
    235
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Secunda
    @Sean J, BAD news (for me anyway...) I can't come and collect after all :( :( :( are you still willing 2 post (at my expense of course)? Could you fit them in an envelope (in ziplock bag)? its cheaper, but I don't know how big these clippings are, so if that is ridiculous a parcel will be fine 2.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  15. Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    Hey...

    I can post them to you, but they sure as heck wont fit in an envelope. They will get crushed and destroyed. I will have to put them in a package and speed services them to you. Or I can use my courier, but they will be more expensive.

    Please drop me a PM with an address and I will put everything together for you and send them off for you. I will let you know how much the cost is and you can EFT me.
     

Recent Posts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page