Pink Kissers spawning in community tank.

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by Cheetah, Nov 11, 2012.

  1. Cheetah

    Cheetah Retired moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2009
    Messages:
    2,715
    Likes Received:
    124
    Location:
    Kimberley ( Northern Cape)
    I have set them up... conditioned them.....begged them, stimulated them in every possible way I could think of......Nothing!

    Last night I did a 50% water change in the community tank..... and these pink Kissers... (which I've had for about 8 years now).... decided to spawn......... They do not make a bubble nest, but the eggs just floated.... (looked like a million eggs)....

    I am moving to Kimberley on Friday (coming)...... so did not even contemplate collecting the eggs and hatching them seperately..... I now at least know that they will breed..... and will set them up in their own tank when I get there..... By this morning... there was not a single egg left.......

    [​IMG]
     
  2. Guest




  3. mattie

    mattie

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2010
    Messages:
    786
    Likes Received:
    44
    Location:
    Cape Town
    must be all the attention they getting since you stopped working:bigsmile:
     
  4. Reedfish

    Reedfish Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2011
    Messages:
    13,311
    Likes Received:
    3,714
    Location:
    UK
    @Cheetah,
    It's a ploy to get you to stay where you are. The fish like their current home!
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  5. Altum

    Altum Sponsor

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2008
    Messages:
    1,102
    Likes Received:
    18
    Location:
    CAPE TOWN 7441
    ;)
    It was BOUND to happen
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Pink Kissers spawning Forum Date
Wanted: Blue/Pink Ramshorn Snails Wanted/Swop/Freebies Dec 10, 2025
Halp! Brown algae and rotala pink losing color and turning green. Planted Tanks Mar 14, 2025
RSS Feed Pink Betta Fish RSS Feeds Dec 3, 2020
Is pink colour t8 going to be beneficial ? General Equipment discussion Oct 30, 2018
Pink Eggs? General Fish Discussions Mar 29, 2016
Pink t8 uv lights General Equipment discussion Oct 14, 2015
Pink t8 uv lights? General Equipment discussion Oct 14, 2015

Share This Page