Oscar loosing colour.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Lappies, Dec 21, 2010.

  1. Reaper

    Reaper

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2010
    Messages:
    192
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    parow western cape
    it was a joke only about the handy andy lappies
     
  2. Guest




  3. Slojo

    Slojo

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2009
    Messages:
    2,115
    Likes Received:
    24
    My bad,sorry did not read your post properly.
     
  4. OP
    Lappies

    Lappies Lappies

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2010
    Messages:
    177
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Bronkhorstspruit
    I accept your apology Reaper, but please remember that there is a time and a place for every joke. I only wanted help and advise after the death of my Oscar. I've lost 6 fish that cost me a fortune.
     
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  5. Reaper

    Reaper

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2010
    Messages:
    192
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    parow western cape
    lets leave it at that then enjoy your day
    Leslie
     
  6. OP
    Lappies

    Lappies Lappies

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2010
    Messages:
    177
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Bronkhorstspruit
    I think I know what caused the death of my fish.

    It was Ammonia poisining. I couldn't understand where it came from but it was overfeeding.

    With my wife home over the school holidays, she fed them twice a day while I was at work which means the fish was fed four times a day. The food decaying on the gravel and the excrete waste the fish produced caused a huge ammonia spike.

    My water is back to normal now and the fish that survived seems healthy and happy.
    I'll stock up my tank again at the end of Jaunary.

    I would like to thank everybody for their show of interest, their help and advise.

    Thank you everybody.

    Lappies
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Oscar loosing colour Forum Date
Wanted: Lemon Oscar Wanted/Swop/Freebies Sep 13, 2024
Freebie: Adult Oscar Wanted/Swop/Freebies Nov 1, 2023
Wanted: Looking for Baby Red Oscars Wanted/Swop/Freebies Apr 14, 2023
Oscar Tank Setup Beginner Discussions Nov 23, 2021
Oscars with Bichirs General Discussions Jun 16, 2021
Wanted: Oscars Wanted/Swop/Freebies May 3, 2021
RSS Feed Albino Oscar (Astronotus Ocellatus) Care Sheet RSS Feeds Mar 17, 2021

Share This Page