ok so this Is an od question

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Oscar, Aug 23, 2010.

  1. Oscar

    Oscar

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2010
    Messages:
    53
    Likes Received:
    0
    If I wanted to breed guppies fast, cheap and lots.
    I mean lots like 300 a month or more.
    Now I have about 13 fry and I think they eat most of them.
    I have about 18 guppies.
    So if you could tell me what is a good idea.
    Want to try become a suplier LOL:p for the a pet shop at least.

    Oh and I have 20 breeding platies in a tank i see 1 or 2 are pregnant but nothing comes out and I have had these for a month the preverse owner breed about 400 at least with them and me not so much.
     
  2. Guest




  3. Cheetah

    Cheetah Retired moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2009
    Messages:
    2,715
    Likes Received:
    124
    Location:
    Kimberley ( Northern Cape)
    The more fry you have in the tank... the more will survive....

    Once the parents gets used to the idea that there are "smaller" things swimming around with them in the same tank, the more of the fry will escape being eaten.... Also, get plenty of hornwort plants, (which I can give you FOC... if you're prepared to collect).... Just make sure that your market for them is secure and you'll be able to get rid of all the fry..... Otherwise..... you'll sit with the same dillema as I have. (tens of thousands of guppies)
     
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  4. OP
    Oscar

    Oscar

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2010
    Messages:
    53
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanx

    Ok so just leave a couple in the tank and would a breeding grid work well
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - question Forum Date
Grow-out tank questions. Breeding Jan 30, 2025
Fry food source questions? General Fish Discussions Jan 19, 2025
Co2 Reactor questions General Equipment discussion Dec 31, 2023
Dophin c2400 maintenance question - air in system General Equipment discussion Oct 29, 2022
CO2 regulator installation question General Equipment discussion Sep 12, 2022
A work in progress - many questions! Planted Tanks Jun 30, 2022
Using materials you find in nature question General Discussions Aug 6, 2021

Share This Page