October Fish of the Month comp entries - post ém here.....

Discussion in 'FOTM' started by Cheetah, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheetah

    Cheetah Retired moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2009
    Messages:
    2,715
    Likes Received:
    124
    Location:
    Kimberley ( Northern Cape)
    Please start posting entries and nominations for the October 2013 competition here.

    Please note that a written dated verification picture must be provided or the entry will not be accepted.

    Please read the rules before submitting a nomination or entry
    http://www.tropicalaquarium.co.za/showthread.php?13359-Fish-of-the-Month-Competition-rules

    The October competition will close for entries and nominations on 13/14th October 2013.
     
  2. Guest




  3. MarcVanJ

    MarcVanJ Guest

  4. Ray Port Elizabeth

    Ray Port Elizabeth

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2013
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Port Elizabeth
    @Cheetah I will post my confirmation tomorrow. herewith my new Dantum Angelfish. DSC_9252.jpg

    DSC_9252.jpg
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  5. Ray Port Elizabeth

    Ray Port Elizabeth

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2013
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Port Elizabeth
    IMG-20130925-00923.jpg Only realised that I'm entering October not September FOTM, took the pic last night on my BB.

    IMG-20130925-00923.jpg
     
  6. DewaldC

    DewaldC Magikarp

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2012
    Messages:
    1,867
    Likes Received:
    28
    Location:
    Roodepoort
  7. aquadementia

    aquadementia

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2012
    Messages:
    117
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    Pretoria East
    Ancistrus
    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
  8. DerikPelser

    DerikPelser

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2013
    Messages:
    1,109
    Likes Received:
    13
    Location:
    Ruimsig
    Here my entry. Will post conformation tonight.

    bn.jpg

    bn.jpg
     
  9. Ray Port Elizabeth

    Ray Port Elizabeth

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2013
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Port Elizabeth
    DerikPelser entry photo's may not have names on, just a general rule bud.
     
  10. DerikPelser

    DerikPelser

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2013
    Messages:
    1,109
    Likes Received:
    13
    Location:
    Ruimsig
    @Cheetah - Please delete my pic with name I'll re submit

    He so small I had to draw an arrow.

    bn.jpg

    20131007_200901.jpg

    bn.jpg
     
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  11. DerikPelser

    DerikPelser

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2013
    Messages:
    1,109
    Likes Received:
    13
    Location:
    Ruimsig
    @Ray Port Elizabeth – Don’t want to cause a stir but I just been through the rules, twice. And no where is it "stated" that my name may not be on the picture. I know this is a rule if you belong to a photo club, but this is just for fun….

    @Cheetah - Can you confirm this?
     
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  12. Ebi Omer

    Ebi Omer

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2012
    Messages:
    198
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Boksburg East Rand
    My Frontosa20130923_185832.jpg
    2013-10-07 21.35.13.jpg
    20131007_211050-1.jpg

    20130923_185832.jpg

    2013-10-07 21.35.13.jpg

    20131007_211050-1.jpg
     
  13. OP
    Cheetah

    Cheetah Retired moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2009
    Messages:
    2,715
    Likes Received:
    124
    Location:
    Kimberley ( Northern Cape)
    OK... this is not specified to the point, but.... looking at rule no.10.... it states something to the effect of you will not try to influence votes in either direction,.... so... by having your name connected to the entry.... your friends may feel inclined to vote for you.... the person... rather than for the fish... or picture in question.... Thank you for having changed your entry anyhows.... I think the rules should be revised to be more specific.... thanks for bringing the point to my attention......
     
  14. hein24

    hein24 Betta

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2011
    Messages:
    1,442
    Likes Received:
    16
    Location:
    Roodepoort
    Hi @Cheetah

    Regarding this rule, I actually feel its much more safer to post the pic with your name, see it as a copyright if you will. Regarding friends voting for one another's tanks/fish or pets for that matter, it will happen as the friend will always be able to Identify the tank/fish or pet. Lets say for instance Ivan's tank, I can see his tank from a mile away. Just my 2c.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  15. Ray Port Elizabeth

    Ray Port Elizabeth

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2013
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Port Elizabeth
    give me an hour maby even less and I'll photoshop your name of that pic budy, your name on an entry does not help for copyright, for that to work you would have to have it right across your photo over the main subject there by defeating the purpose of the entry and thereby making it impossible to remove
     
  16. Ray Port Elizabeth

    Ray Port Elizabeth

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2013
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Port Elizabeth
    any how I think @DerikPelser did a fine job of cropping the photo, took him 1min. Ok but moving on competition is tight this month, we have some awesome entries, well done guy's I see many healthy good looking fish and good quality photo's. Also good to see an increased number of entries, keep it up guy's.
     
  17. Ebi Omer

    Ebi Omer

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2012
    Messages:
    198
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Boksburg East Rand
    Note in my entry I have posted the original photo and another with a frame around the pic. If this is not allowed it may be removed. I wasn't sure, therefore I posted both incase
     
  18. Ray Port Elizabeth

    Ray Port Elizabeth

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2013
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Port Elizabeth
    would be interesting to see actually. Never thought about what level of photoshop is considered too much.
     
  19. DewaldC

    DewaldC Magikarp

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2012
    Messages:
    1,867
    Likes Received:
    28
    Location:
    Roodepoort
    I personally don't worry about people using my photos.*:bigsmile:



    *always ask permission before re-using images or i will sue you.:cool:
     
  20. hein24

    hein24 Betta

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2011
    Messages:
    1,442
    Likes Received:
    16
    Location:
    Roodepoort
    Hehe... If I had a stunning fish like that I won't mind either, planning on breeding with him.. If not willing to swop you out of my spawns?:wondering:
     
  21. DewaldC

    DewaldC Magikarp

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2012
    Messages:
    1,867
    Likes Received:
    28
    Location:
    Roodepoort
    Yes,but finding a white female betta isn't easy.:)
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page