I know you have all heard this story before, "I woke up this morning and found my guppy had become thinner, then you see a fry and then more........" Just wanted to share anyway!!! :bigsmile: Managed to save 9 of the fry this morning the others were devoured by parents. Looks like one of the fry is black, gonna feed them on 'crushed flakes' and keep them in the breeding trap for a while. Even though I have seen guppies have fry many times before it is still exciting!!
Found another two fry! There are now 11 in total!!This is a pic of the parents, sorry for poor quality!
Nice @FishLover ... I love guppies ... have them in most of my tanks that allow for it. They are great to get a tank going so they seem to stay and flourish over time. Yeah even watching fry survive in a community tank is pleasing not to mention keeping tabs on dropping mothers when they are in a species specific setup. What I have noticed fry seem to do better over generations in a well populated tank, by this I mean fry from fry that have been in a school over years, more and more survive and the adults are more inclined to leave the fry alone. Maybe they still think they are fry in the same tank. But when I introduce a new guppy bought from an LFS .. the first thing it does and seems to continue doing is to kill the fry ... I thought this a bit strange but have observed this several time, to the point that if I want to introduce some new blood they never get added into an existing school when the tank has loads of fry. Keep us posted Later Ferdie
im looking forward to the guppies my endler females will drop will eitehr be pure or hybrids guppies are so fun looks like uve got a nice male there @FishLover