New 30 Liter hobby tank

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by BadgerBadger, Feb 16, 2015.

  1. DewaldC

    DewaldC Magikarp

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2012
    Messages:
    1,867
    Likes Received:
    28
    Location:
    Roodepoort
    Its called sprouted rosebush(non-aquatic):(
     
  2. Guest




  3. OP
    BadgerBadger

    BadgerBadger

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2015
    Messages:
    466
    Likes Received:
    72
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Damn! Thanks DewaldC!
     
  4. HennieRoux

    HennieRoux

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2011
    Messages:
    2,431
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    JHB, Roodepoort
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  5. OP
    BadgerBadger

    BadgerBadger

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2015
    Messages:
    466
    Likes Received:
    72
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Thanks Pieter!
     
  6. jerry.singh.9022

    jerry.singh.9022

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2015
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    6
    Guys just an update on my 80lt
     
  7. jerry.singh.9022

    jerry.singh.9022

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2015
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    6
  8. jerry.singh.9022

    jerry.singh.9022

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2015
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    6
    I was wondering how would you tie moss to the driftwood while it's in the tank....is it possible?
     
  9. jerry.singh.9022

    jerry.singh.9022

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2015
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    6
    And, do you guys think I should anything else or leave it as is? Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance guys...
     
  10. jerry.singh.9022

    jerry.singh.9022

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2015
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    6
    So I jus realized that I have to syphon the water out to tie the moss....lol don't laugh, I'm new!
     
  11. OP
    BadgerBadger

    BadgerBadger

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2015
    Messages:
    466
    Likes Received:
    72
    Location:
    Pretoria
    my plan is to use a bunch of rubber bands, and remove them later when the moss has established. Seems like the most common plan.
     
  12. jerry.singh.9022

    jerry.singh.9022

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2015
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    6
    Won't the rubber bands mess up the water conditions?
     
  13. jerry.singh.9022

    jerry.singh.9022

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2015
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    6
    Guys need a lil help.....there is some algae on my anubia, shud I cut that specific leaf of or leave it to my pleco? Pic to follow....
     
  14. jerry.singh.9022

    jerry.singh.9022

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2015
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    6
  15. jerry.singh.9022

    jerry.singh.9022

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2015
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    6
  16. jerry.singh.9022

    jerry.singh.9022

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2015
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    6
    And I wanted to know how excel and flourish shud I use, I've got
    2 large anubia
    1 small anubia
    2 amazon
    Moss
    Tank is +-20g high
     
  17. jerry.singh.9022

    jerry.singh.9022

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2015
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    6
    The guy at northlands said that I should use a 1/4 cap of excel daily and a 1/4 cap of flourish every second day,is that right?
    Please help
     
  18. OP
    BadgerBadger

    BadgerBadger

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2015
    Messages:
    466
    Likes Received:
    72
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Hi Jerry, I reckon the Pleco will sort it out pretty quickly... Just hold off or reduce its regular feeding for a day or so.
    What Pleco did you get? Pic?
     
  19. OP
    BadgerBadger

    BadgerBadger

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2015
    Messages:
    466
    Likes Received:
    72
    Location:
    Pretoria
    I doubt the rubber bands would do much harm. I ended up using regular cotton thread though. I figured I could let it decompose naturally, and that way wouldn't need to disturb the growing moss.
     
  20. jerry.singh.9022

    jerry.singh.9022

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2015
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    6
    Will send pic later it's an ancistris...not sure of spelling
    Thanks so much badger
     
  21. OP
    BadgerBadger

    BadgerBadger

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2015
    Messages:
    466
    Likes Received:
    72
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Your tank is looking good! I'm tempted to post a progress pic of mine, but I want it to settle a bit first.
    Good choice on the Ancistrus, i really love mine.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Liter hobby tank Forum Date
50 liter tank. Beginner Discussions Aug 11, 2022
5O LITER TANK General Equipment discussion Aug 1, 2022
8 Liter vases!! Members Systems Sep 25, 2020
My 250 liter barebottom Members Systems Apr 13, 2020
My 115 liter setup Members Systems Apr 3, 2020
My 115 liter blacwater Members Systems Mar 27, 2020
Dreaming big with 25 000 liters! Ponds Jan 31, 2020

Share This Page