Natural Beauty or variety

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ROEKSTE, Oct 17, 2013.

  1. ROEKSTE

    ROEKSTE

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2011
    Messages:
    840
    Likes Received:
    21
    Location:
    Pretoria
    I have just been wondering what the likes of you guys and girls is. Do you prefer fish the natural way they were created or do you like the variety breeds…. (Albino, Veil tails, ext.)

    I know some of them is hard to distinguish but I am really interested. I am a natural guy.
     
  2. Guest




  3. Reedfish

    Reedfish Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2011
    Messages:
    13,311
    Likes Received:
    3,714
    Location:
    UK
    @ROEKSTE,

    I prefer fish the natural way.

    Really don't like some man made varieties - balloon mollies, veitail plecs,etc - not for me.
     
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  4. Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    Same here. I am a big fan of the wild type fish. Discus in particular, angels, normal rams, etc...
     
  5. Henk Marais

    Henk Marais

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2013
    Messages:
    69
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    PTA East
    As Natural as possible for me thanks.
     
  6. Reedfish

    Reedfish Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2011
    Messages:
    13,311
    Likes Received:
    3,714
    Location:
    UK
    I don't mind some colour forms of fish, if it's subtle. There are some fantastic Discus for eg.
    But when the body shape changes, I really don't like that.
     
  7. OP
    ROEKSTE

    ROEKSTE

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2011
    Messages:
    840
    Likes Received:
    21
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Ok ... In the case of Discus ... Body shape play a big part .... What about a species like Ram's - I see their is a new colour strain ... GoldFace Electric blue Ram ... It is not ugly, body shape is natural same as Discus...

    images.jpg

    images.jpg
     
  8. SterlingAce

    SterlingAce

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2013
    Messages:
    765
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Cape Town
    I agree, personally hate any balloon "creation" !!! But some veil tails are nice, eg like danios, I recently got a veil tail oscar and I'm in love with it. In my opinion if the modification doesn't harm the fish or makes it's life difficult (difficulty swimming) then I'm okay with it. That ram is gorgeous!
     
  9. Ebi Omer

    Ebi Omer

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2012
    Messages:
    198
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Boksburg East Rand
    As long as the body shape, fins and colour are striking enough, I don't mind at all.
     
  10. Rob

    Rob

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2011
    Messages:
    113
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    White River,Mpumalanga
    Would also go with as natural as possible,colour veriation to certain degree,but really not fond of albino and veil tails. Marco has also got some stunning Rams(colour veriation).
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Natural Beauty variety Forum Date
Voonline's Freeze-Dried Antarctic Krill - A Natural Delight for your fish! Jungle Aquatics Jan 10, 2024
NEW Natural Planted Aquarium Substrate, Gravels, Sand Jungle Aquatics Oct 7, 2023
RSS Feed Best Aquarium Decorations: Natural & Artificial RSS Feeds Feb 22, 2021
Natural solutions are the best solutions Members Systems Jan 21, 2020
Does algae naturally die off when the cause is dealt with? Beginner Discussions Jul 20, 2019
Aquaforest Natural Substrate - Nutrient rich clay and peat based substrate Quality Marines Apr 17, 2019
Natural tanks from youtube General Discussions Jun 27, 2015

Share This Page