Nano Betta Home

Discussion in 'Members Systems' started by Ruan, Jan 15, 2017.

  1. Ruan

    Ruan Wooden Spoon

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2009
    Messages:
    695
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Sunninghill, JHB
    So I haven't had a tank for a long time and its high time that I start one again.

    So after a trip to the mall where my wife can browse for hours I decided to go to the LFS to do some browsing myself.


    As luck would have it I spotted something that suited my needs exactly.


    So the plan is to build a very basic low-tech Betta home.


    The tank: 300mm cube at 27L
    image1 (4).JPG


    I then cut up some presswood for the pedestal
    image2 (4).JPG

    Got some copper tubing and a 10w LED spotlight for lighting, also started using some wood filler to hide screws and edges
    image3 (2).JPG
    image4 (2).JPG


    Sanded down some of the filler and applied some more where needed, also removed the plastic trim on the top edge of the tank
    image5 (1).JPG

    Had to drill some holes to fix the light to the copper tubing, also had to drill some 5mm holes on the opposite side of the tubing so the screwdriver could fit it to tighten down the fitting
    image6 (1).JPG
    image7.JPG

    Drilled some more holes in the copper the hide the wiring
    image9.JPG

    And the final pic for now
    image10.JPG





    Next up would be painting the pedestal, some proper filtration and most importantly a little 25w or 50w heater
     
  2. Guest




  3. Pierré Schoonraad

    Pierré Schoonraad Rainbow Freak

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2012
    Messages:
    2,072
    Likes Received:
    700
    Location:
    Queenswood Pretoria
    Very nice clean cut look to it

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
     
  4. Discusnut

    Discusnut

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2017
    Messages:
    320
    Likes Received:
    52
    Very neat

    Sent from my Halona using Tapatalk
     
  5. Reghardt

    Reghardt

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2016
    Messages:
    42
    Likes Received:
    10
    I like ittttttt nice and clean can't wait for the final product
     
  6. WindPomp

    WindPomp

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2016
    Messages:
    45
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Very Nice Setup Ruan. You've got my mind running around more bettas now :)
     
  7. Pezulu

    Pezulu

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2015
    Messages:
    3,417
    Likes Received:
    1,393
    Location:
    Centurion
    Very nice DIY setup.
    One question - it the copper tubing attached to the tank or to the wall?
    From the pics I can't make out clearly.
     
  8. OP
    Ruan

    Ruan Wooden Spoon

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2009
    Messages:
    695
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Sunninghill, JHB
    Thanks all

    @Pezulu The tubing is attached to the cabinet/pedestal itslef
     
  9. MariaS

    MariaS Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2015
    Messages:
    8,740
    Likes Received:
    3,581
    Location:
    Klipriver, Midvaal
    Very very nice @Ruan
     
  10. OP
    Ruan

    Ruan Wooden Spoon

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2009
    Messages:
    695
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Sunninghill, JHB
    Thank you!

    Getting kinda anxious to get it done now



    Any recommendations where to go look for nice Bettas in the JHB area?
     
  11. MariaS

    MariaS Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2015
    Messages:
    8,740
    Likes Received:
    3,581
    Location:
    Klipriver, Midvaal
    No... dont be anxious.. rather take a little longer and be happy than rush it and then you not happy with the end result

    I must be honest, I havent seen anything in the last 2 or 3 weeks but they all getting their new shipments now so im sure you will find some
    I know Pet stop, one of the sponsors, used to have a lot but they in Pretoria maybe give them a ring.. it might be worth the trip
     
  12. OP
    Ruan

    Ruan Wooden Spoon

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2009
    Messages:
    695
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Sunninghill, JHB
    I might have been misunderstood there, I mean anxious to get the pedestal finished, in no rush at all with regards to the tank and livestock :D
     
  13. MariaS

    MariaS Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2015
    Messages:
    8,740
    Likes Received:
    3,581
    Location:
    Klipriver, Midvaal
    Hahaha ok.... Its looking good so far
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Nano Betta Home Forum Date
Freebie: Plants, Nano Betta Bowl - CPT Wanted/Swop/Freebies May 24, 2021
Planted Nano 40L Jebo Members Systems Jan 19, 2026
New planted Nano TOTM Jan 12, 2026
New 240L dirted/planted nano fish tank Members Systems Jan 14, 2025
Nano New Year Build! Members Systems Jan 5, 2025
Dennerle Nano Cube 30L with Cabinet + Chihiros WRGB II Slim General Equipment discussion Aug 2, 2024
Nano Christmas Build ! Planted Tanks Nov 15, 2023

Share This Page