Name the fish/Krib..

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Gregorian, Jan 20, 2011.

  1. Gregorian

    Gregorian

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2010
    Messages:
    174
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Kraaifontein, Western Cape
    Hi. Can anybody help me name the fish. Some kind of Krib. Thanks

    Krib.jpg
     
  2. Guest




  3. johan008

    johan008

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2009
    Messages:
    685
    Likes Received:
    9
    Location:
    JUKSKEI PARK - RANDBURG
    That is a ram, bolivian if not mistaken and it was a male asuming it's still alive
     
  4. Lizid

    Lizid

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2010
    Messages:
    1,652
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    Call him spot....

    LoL ok Jokes aside I think it looks like a Ram of some sort, I have never been good with my scientific names...
     
  5. Gareth

    Gareth Angel Freak

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2009
    Messages:
    2,339
    Likes Received:
    16
    Location:
    Potchefstroom
    Definitely a Bolivian Ram.
     
  6. Go-Big

    Go-Big

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2010
    Messages:
    737
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    George
    Def not a Krib. krib has horisontal line. I would say this is a normal German Blue ram. The colours is al faded and ugly cos the guy is dead and it may still be a young fish.

    ---------- Post added at 08:01 ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 ----------

    The black spot on the side is a little bit to forward on the body for a Bolivian IMO but that is not a defenate.
     
  7. freerider

    freerider

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2010
    Messages:
    102
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Darklands - CPT
    German blue ram, and I'm going to disagree with @johan008 on his sexing, that is a female. there's an iridescent blue spot clearly visible within the black spot, the stomach area is/was reddish and the front of the pectoral (I think thats what they called) fins is black.

    BTW, I see its on a plate. What did it taste like?
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  8. OP
    Gregorian

    Gregorian

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2010
    Messages:
    174
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Kraaifontein, Western Cape
    Hi. Fish died within a week. Bought a pair (male and female), but did not want to eat. Any idea where can I buy another one in Cpt? At least 2 males and a female - if its a female. Thanks for the help.
     
  9. Big G

    Big G Apisto Nutz!!!

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2008
    Messages:
    2,508
    Likes Received:
    16
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Veegal and Zafgak were breeding Rams, but I know they are packing down. Don't know if they still have any? Send either of them a PM, but they tend to not be on here often!

    Cheers
    G!
     
  10. Gert Combrink

    Gert Combrink

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2008
    Messages:
    1,786
    Likes Received:
    16
    Location:
    Protea Hights, Brackenfell, Cape Town.
    The lfs at Fairbridge Mall had some at R29!
    Good luck! pm if you need more advice.
     
  11. Altum

    Altum Sponsor

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2008
    Messages:
    1,102
    Likes Received:
    18
    Location:
    CAPE TOWN 7441
    well you know where we have some Rams

    So sad to hear, you lost the female..and that was after you were looking for them quite a while before...

    Did you manage to ID problem?
    Make sure tank received treatment or quarantine entire aquarium, until it is SAFE to add more?
    As well as quarantine your next purchases...we sometimes can't keep them separate THAT long...but it's a good procedure to follow.

    I sold out on my last lot of actual European Bred Ramirezi strains that you may have wanted to get around then?
    All ours are feeding greedily on Catfish food, TetraBits, Malawi granulate, bloodworm, and flakes!
    .
    However, I do have NEW STOCK, of more Electric Blue Ramirezi, and the Original, SOLID, stocky shortfin Ramirezi forms as well.

    PM me with your email info and request.

    I only had a few young Adults left today, so don't wait too long!

    There are a few pics on my fone..
    Dont have cable to upload to PC for TASA now, but can email from fone to anybody interested

    PM me if you want any of these Ramirezi

    PS Veegal/Zafgak may have some left..hope so!
    They bought parent fish from me, as I supplied them at least 2 pairs about a year or so ago!? They bred successfully within same week of delivery!:amazed:
     
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Name fish Krib Forum Date
RSS Feed Breeding ornamental fish: 7 easy fish to breed RSS Feeds Jun 12, 2017
name of fish ID Needed Aug 21, 2016
Name a fish General Discussions May 19, 2015
FB: AMAZING new marine fish shipment in stock!COMMON NAME SCIENTIFIC NAMEMAJESTIC... Jungle Aquatics Aug 2, 2014
Name for a fish General Fish Discussions Jan 1, 2014
Funny Spelling of Fish Names General Discussions Dec 24, 2013
Hi everyone my name is guppie and I'm fishaholic New members Apr 23, 2012

Share This Page