My "Wild" Tank

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by col182, Jul 20, 2016.

  1. col182

    col182

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2012
    Messages:
    204
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Boksburg
    Just for fun I thought I would share this, I call this my "Wild" Tank , not cause it is a specific biotope but because I just let everything in it grow wild then harvest some of the moss or horn wort for other tanks , just wondering if you guys have something similar? A so called working tank rather then a display or breeding tank.
    uploadfromtaptalk1469033407175.jpg

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

    uploadfromtaptalk1469033407175.jpg
     
  2. Guest




  3. Pezulu

    Pezulu

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2015
    Messages:
    3,417
    Likes Received:
    1,393
    Location:
    Centurion
    I have a very similar setup.
    Just a bunch of hornwort, with some guppies, mollies and a rescue Betta.
    Recent additions are a couple of kuhli loaches that have adapted well.

    20160720_190039.jpg

    20160720_190039.jpg
     
  4. OP
    col182

    col182

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2012
    Messages:
    204
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Boksburg
    Nice I just have a few different tetras and 2 female banded gourami o and snails which came with the hornwort which is annoying cause I have to wash it really well when putting it into another tank.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
     
  5. tanked72

    tanked72

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2015
    Messages:
    1,439
    Likes Received:
    0
    No but great idea @col182. In Summer I do grow. Plants in a old tank outside although in a emmersed form
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  6. oscar freak

    oscar freak

    Joined:
    May 5, 2010
    Messages:
    3,655
    Likes Received:
    56
    Location:
    Kensington Jhb
    I have a 3ft im using as a nursery tank,no gravel just anubias and java fern attached to rocks and driftwood and some crypts in pots with a potting medium im trying out.theres a t8 with a heater and pump,i barely look at it but do a water change about twice a year.tank has so much algae and snails can barely see through the front glass.from what i can make out the anubias are growing an the crypts a bit,wil know more december
     
  7. tanked72

    tanked72

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2015
    Messages:
    1,439
    Likes Received:
    0
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  8. OP
    col182

    col182

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2012
    Messages:
    204
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Boksburg
    I want to try grow some things outside this summer , will see how it goes.
     
  9. oscar freak

    oscar freak

    Joined:
    May 5, 2010
    Messages:
    3,655
    Likes Received:
    56
    Location:
    Kensington Jhb
    inside,though the plants were outside in the summer in a spare tank I had its nice cause then I collect the mosquito larvae that comes along with it.
     
  10. tanked72

    tanked72

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2015
    Messages:
    1,439
    Likes Received:
    0
    Sounds like a bonus @oscar freak nice plants and live food
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  11. oscar freak

    oscar freak

    Joined:
    May 5, 2010
    Messages:
    3,655
    Likes Received:
    56
    Location:
    Kensington Jhb
    didn't really work on the plants just lots of algae,loads of larvae though and it was only a 1ft tank
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Wild Tank Forum Date
Wild plants for Tanks Aquatic plants Apr 24, 2016
Shrimp & Wild stuff tank Members Systems Nov 2, 2015
wild caught vs tank bred General Discussions Dec 8, 2010
My Wild Discus Display Tank Cichlids Sep 3, 2009
Wild betta species Species Tanks Feb 18, 2024
Hardscape Collected from Wild Beginner Discussions Apr 26, 2021
Wild Olive Burl General Images Jun 1, 2020

Share This Page