My tanks nothing special (for now)

Discussion in 'Full tank shots' started by Ladysphinx, Dec 2, 2016.

  1. Ladysphinx

    Ladysphinx

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2016
    Messages:
    889
    Likes Received:
    267
    Location:
    Benoni AH
    So at this point in time my fishtanks are pretty boring. I will improve on them as time comes. My main problem at this point is the are being used to house loads of guppy fry and as soon as I have my breeding rack up and running they will be moved and I will be able to do more with my tanks. I don't have any photo's of my 10L at the time as it only has a filter and heater in it making it easy to care for the youngest of my fry. at this time there is only 6 in it due to breeder failing to keep them away from mother.

    Plastic plants courtesy of my daughter who insisted they look good in the tank

    Fisrt tank is a 200L and though it seems empty hubby doesn't want any more decor in it :eyeroll:
    Second thank is a 50L tank with loads of guppy fry in it aged of 1-3 months

    Fish Tanks-2.jpg Fish Tanks-3.jpg
     
    Rainstorm likes this.
  2. Guest




  3. Pierré Schoonraad

    Pierré Schoonraad Rainbow Freak

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2012
    Messages:
    2,072
    Likes Received:
    700
    Location:
    Queenswood Pretoria
    Nice start. Get some easy plants in there. Ferns, anubias, swords and vallis. The fry will love the biofilm on them more than the algea the plastic plants will attract.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
     
  4. Reedfish

    Reedfish Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2011
    Messages:
    13,311
    Likes Received:
    3,714
    Location:
    UK
    Looks good.
    I agree, try some real plants. Will give your tank more of a natural look.
     
  5. Pezulu

    Pezulu

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2015
    Messages:
    3,417
    Likes Received:
    1,393
    Location:
    Centurion
    If you want to go the planted tank route, I would suggest a nice piece of driftwood, with Anubias Nana or Petite, and some Bolbitis.
    Both are fairly low-tech, and you don't need CO2 or other expensive hardware.
     
    Pierré Schoonraad likes this.
  6. OP
    Ladysphinx

    Ladysphinx

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2016
    Messages:
    889
    Likes Received:
    267
    Location:
    Benoni AH
    I have two Anubis nana plants one is glued to a rock and another still floating in my fry tank. I have loads of Christmas moss that I'm growing more of in my windowsill.
    My 200l doesn't have light at the moment and has a mystery snail.
     
    Rainstorm likes this.

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - tanks nothing special Forum Date
Apartment Tanks General Discussions Mar 30, 2025
Wanted: Shrimp Tanks Wanted/Swop/Freebies Nov 7, 2024
Where should i buy tanks. General Equipment discussion Feb 21, 2024
The restart of My Love affair with tanks Members Systems Dec 14, 2023
Relocation of fish and Tanks Beginner Discussions Dec 7, 2023
T's Tanks General Discussions Nov 22, 2023
Back to tanks after 9 year break New members Nov 19, 2023

Share This Page