My Tank is Under-Stocked

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jenn, May 14, 2011.

  1. Jenn

    Jenn Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2011
    Messages:
    2,245
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    Johannesburg, Kensington
    What do you guys think?

    My tank is +/-320l - 120lx45bx60h. I have 5 Angels, 4 Swordtails, 4 Cories. I am getting 8-10 more Cories soon. It looks very empty & I think it could handle a few more fish.

    Apart from the Cories, what other fish should I add?
    Do you think more of the same fish already in there or something different (in keeping with the Amazon theme)?
    I was thinking perhaps a school of tetras, but I'm not sure how compatible they are with the Angels.
    OR perhaps a school of hatchet fish.

    Ideas, suggestions, advice welcome.

    Thanks
     
  2. Guest




  3. Firefly

    Firefly Pleco

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2010
    Messages:
    2,333
    Likes Received:
    33
    Location:
    East London
    Hatchets would look nice. Just watch out for any jumpers.
     
  4. SauRoN

    SauRoN

    Joined:
    May 7, 2009
    Messages:
    569
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Bear in mind that those Angels can become quite massive, and might bring the stock level up to par all on their own.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Tank Under Stocked Forum Date
Wanted: 2M/Wide 1.8m tank with stand under R2k (CPT) Wanted/Swop/Freebies Jul 14, 2021
Need help understanding my tankwater's test results? General Discussions May 30, 2017
An easy to understand article on HOW TO CYCLE A TANK Beginner Discussions Jun 23, 2013
My Rescaped 250L Tank with Blue light under sunken ship Full tank shots Jun 11, 2012
Newbie confession: overstocked my first tank on LFS advice — is a R5,500 180L upgrade worth it? Beginner Discussions Jul 12, 2026
100L tank needed General Discussions Jun 15, 2026
Tank builders General Discussions Jan 26, 2026

Share This Page