My first Halfmoon spawn

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by St@tic, Jan 14, 2013.

  1. arcky1

    arcky1

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2010
    Messages:
    292
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    Randburg
    Nice job bud!!
     
  2. Guest




  3. OP
    St@tic

    St@tic

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2012
    Messages:
    148
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Midrand
    So every thing is going well fry are 2 months now a few of them colored up, most are copper but a few are showing a different color cant tell as yet what color they will be just have to wait. Counted the fry just over 100 :bigsmile:. Will be getting another 3ft tank hopefully next week then will move fry into the 3ft. Will post pictures soon
     
  4. FishLover

    FishLover

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2012
    Messages:
    881
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Rustenburg
    Well done!!
     
  5. Javei

    Javei

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2013
    Messages:
    565
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    pretoria
    Awesome, I was thinking of breeding them but I don't have space now for more tanks. Will make a plan. But great job!
     
  6. keith1964

    keith1964 Keith

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2010
    Messages:
    535
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Good luck
     
  7. OP
    St@tic

    St@tic

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2012
    Messages:
    148
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Midrand
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  8. keith1964

    keith1964 Keith

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2010
    Messages:
    535
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Trick behind successful breeding and rearing the fry is keeping the water clean and good food
     
  9. OP
    St@tic

    St@tic

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2012
    Messages:
    148
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Midrand
    IMG-20130302-00084.jpg


    I do daily water changes, and still feeding brine shrimp morning and flakes evenings

    IMG-20130302-00084.jpg
     
  10. OP
    St@tic

    St@tic

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2012
    Messages:
    148
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Midrand
    I know how everyone likes pictures


    DSC00963.jpg

    DSC00969.jpg

    DSC00963.jpg

    DSC00969.jpg
     
  11. Titan

    Titan

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2012
    Messages:
    81
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Durban
    Great job and well done:top:
    All the fry look beautiful:bigsmile:
    The copper really brought out the metalic blue in the orchids and improved the white n blue in the marbles and the finnage of the male really shows in his fry:wink:
     
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  12. FishLover

    FishLover

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2012
    Messages:
    881
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Rustenburg
    Awesome fish man!!
     
  13. fishcrazy

    fishcrazy

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2009
    Messages:
    522
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    Durban
    Hows about more picts...aint much of a betta fan but these picts are really interesting
     
  14. Charles

    Charles

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2011
    Messages:
    1,000
    Likes Received:
    9
    Location:
    Pretoria, Thaba Tshwane, 0187
    Wow @St@tic, they look stunning my friend!!! I got goose bumps ATM! Beautiful! Congrats once again! More pics please!!!
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  15. Charles

    Charles

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2011
    Messages:
    1,000
    Likes Received:
    9
    Location:
    Pretoria, Thaba Tshwane, 0187
    What do you think @HennieRoux? BTW, clear your inbox boet. Trying to pm you but can't! Need Copper/Silver Dragon HM males.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  16. OP
    St@tic

    St@tic

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2012
    Messages:
    148
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Midrand
    @fishcrazy it makes my crazy trying to take out pic for them, I have been trying for the pass month or so to get good pictures of them and failed. Rather do water changes
    The pair in the pics is what I gave my brother last weekend and he sent me these pics yesterday wow. I think when they see me it's food time not modeling time haha.

    @Charles the copper male gave his fry a strong blue colour in fins, you can't really see the true colour in the pics
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  17. Titan

    Titan

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2012
    Messages:
    81
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Durban
    Lol I am no photographer bt I've found that patients and a sturdy hand makes it easier. If only I had a better camera:p
     
  18. HennieRoux

    HennieRoux

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2011
    Messages:
    2,431
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    JHB, Roodepoort
    I think @St@tic can take over where I am leaving it.... Hes got good geens there so the generation will live on. Good job keep it up, I will be leaving the breeding and give myself a break while moving to planted and scaping for now, happy some1 else have the same passion that I have for this beaut of a fish. Loing forward to c your future fry. Always availible for help if needed, but looks like u got it covered. @Charles will clear inbox
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Halfmoon spawn Forum Date
Halfmoon Red Dragon Spawn Breeding Dec 18, 2013
Halfmoon Copper spawn Breeding Mar 7, 2013
Help decide what color my Halfmoon spawn is? Breeding Sep 27, 2012
Wanted: Platinum Halfmoon Betta Wanted/Swop/Freebies Feb 25, 2025
Wanted: Halfmoon bettas Wanted/Swop/Freebies Apr 13, 2019
Bettas(Halfmoon etc etc, Don't know any others) wanted in Cape Town area Species Tanks Jan 22, 2016
Halfmoon betta fish General Fish Discussions Apr 1, 2015

Share This Page