My first Halfmoon spawn

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by St@tic, Jan 14, 2013.

  1. St@tic

    St@tic

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2012
    Messages:
    148
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Midrand
    After months off wanting HM Betta's, Tasa has been the light at the end of the tunnel, with help from @HennieRoux and @Charles I was able to get some December. I have breed the following pair on 29/13/2012

    HMC2.jpg
    The copper HM male is from Hennie
    IMG-20121214-WA000.jpg
    The orchid HM female is from Charles

    The fry started hatching on 30/12/2012 the male was tried and I to took him out 31/12/2012 before the fry was free swimming he didn't want to eat and died on the 02/01/2013 was sad But this is his babies

    IMG-20121231-00025.jpg
    This is the fry on 31/12/2012

    IMG-20130111-00031.jpg

    This is the fry on 11/01/2013 the batch size is 50 + so I'm happy


    I take any advice that's how we learn so feel free to post

    HMC2.jpg

    IMG-20121214-WA000.jpg

    IMG-20121231-00025.jpg

    IMG-20130111-00031.jpg
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  2. Guest




  3. Hawk

    Hawk Clown Fish :-)

    Joined:
    May 25, 2012
    Messages:
    5,147
    Likes Received:
    80
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your male but congrats on the spawn. I hope all goes well.
     
  4. OP
    St@tic

    St@tic

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2012
    Messages:
    148
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Midrand
    I really liked him and what an eye catcher he was but I'm doing my best on taking care off his spawn.
     
  5. Dusty

    Dusty

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2011
    Messages:
    38
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Port Elizabeth
    Congrats on the spawn:beer:. im sure you will get some great looking fish!
     
  6. OP
    St@tic

    St@tic

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2012
    Messages:
    148
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Midrand
    Thanks a lot I find myself having a few beers during water changes
     
  7. HennieRoux

    HennieRoux

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2011
    Messages:
    2,431
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    JHB, Roodepoort
    Awesome @St@tic that male was a looker, but we knew he was a bit sick, so happy u got to spawn him before he left us! Sure that fry will grow up to be as proud and good looking as their dad.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  8. OP
    St@tic

    St@tic

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2012
    Messages:
    148
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Midrand
    @HennieRoux I'm very lucky to have fry from him if I get a hand full that as his finnage I'll be happy and the color will be a bonus
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  9. Charles

    Charles

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2011
    Messages:
    1,000
    Likes Received:
    9
    Location:
    Pretoria, Thaba Tshwane, 0187
    Hi @St@tic

    Congrats on your first spawn! Sorry to hear about the loss of your male, he looks really stunning. The combination of Hennie's line and mine should yield excelent fry. Please do post pics of this spawn when they are bigger. Will watch this thread.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  10. OP
    St@tic

    St@tic

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2012
    Messages:
    148
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Midrand
    Thanks @Charles

    I also can't wait to see what this fry will turn out to be,they parents are of the best locally bred HM and I will post pictures
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  11. HennieRoux

    HennieRoux

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2011
    Messages:
    2,431
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    JHB, Roodepoort
    How is the fry doing? @St@tic?
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  12. OP
    St@tic

    St@tic

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2012
    Messages:
    148
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Midrand
    Hi @HennieRoux my fry are doing great, growing very nicely but have a few slow growers they look like 3 day old fry
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  13. Titan

    Titan

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2012
    Messages:
    81
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Durban
    Show us sum pic's bro:wink:
     
  14. OP
    St@tic

    St@tic

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2012
    Messages:
    148
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Midrand
    IMG-20130131-00066.jpg

    They are one month about 1.5 cm

    IMG-20130131-00066.jpg
     
    HennieRoux likes this.
  15. HennieRoux

    HennieRoux

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2011
    Messages:
    2,431
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    JHB, Roodepoort
    Verry nice @Static looks like a good spawn.

    Should start to colour up soon
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  16. HennieRoux

    HennieRoux

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2011
    Messages:
    2,431
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    JHB, Roodepoort
    +1 for the great results!
     
  17. OP
    St@tic

    St@tic

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2012
    Messages:
    148
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Midrand
    Thanks @HennieRoux spawn should be 60+. Water changes and feeding them like pigs, can't wait for them to colour up
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  18. HennieRoux

    HennieRoux

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2011
    Messages:
    2,431
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    JHB, Roodepoort
    Well done...to pull thru 60 for your first HM atempt is awesome! My coppers is showing great colour, I will update my thread over the weekend. Cant wait to see your guys @ 3 months.
     
  19. OP
    St@tic

    St@tic

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2012
    Messages:
    148
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Midrand
    My Salamanders are looking very nice to
     
  20. Titan

    Titan

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2012
    Messages:
    81
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Durban
    Lookin gr8 :blink1:
     
  21. TankMaster

    TankMaster Apistogramma

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2010
    Messages:
    1,756
    Likes Received:
    44
    Location:
    Narnia
    Nice to see the Durban guys breeding new fish!
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Halfmoon spawn Forum Date
Halfmoon Red Dragon Spawn Breeding Dec 18, 2013
Halfmoon Copper spawn Breeding Mar 7, 2013
Help decide what color my Halfmoon spawn is? Breeding Sep 27, 2012
Wanted: Platinum Halfmoon Betta Wanted/Swop/Freebies Feb 25, 2025
Wanted: Halfmoon bettas Wanted/Swop/Freebies Apr 13, 2019
Bettas(Halfmoon etc etc, Don't know any others) wanted in Cape Town area Species Tanks Jan 22, 2016
Halfmoon betta fish General Fish Discussions Apr 1, 2015

Share This Page