My first ATFG Guppy Fry

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by len.weideman, May 2, 2012.

  1. len.weideman

    len.weideman Planted tanks intrigue me

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2012
    Messages:
    421
    Likes Received:
    33
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Hey All

    I just want to post a little brag thread. My ATFG Red Lace Snakeskin dropped 41 fry yesterday! Not bad for a biginner hey? LOL
    Now waiting patiently for my other 3 strains to arrive
     
  2. Guest




  3. Khalid

    Khalid Loricariidae

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2009
    Messages:
    1,515
    Likes Received:
    19
    Location:
    Lenasia
    Congrats Len!
    PICS of adults and fry please
     
  4. hein24

    hein24 Betta

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2011
    Messages:
    1,442
    Likes Received:
    16
    Location:
    Roodepoort
    All good but where is the pics len? Also what are you planing to feed them, I have read up somewhere that the growing rate of fish are determined within the first two weeks of their life...

    Do you have some BS going and maybe some bloodworm later on?
     
  5. Khalid

    Khalid Loricariidae

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2009
    Messages:
    1,515
    Likes Received:
    19
    Location:
    Lenasia
    I Think the prof said that
     
  6. OP
    len.weideman

    len.weideman Planted tanks intrigue me

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2012
    Messages:
    421
    Likes Received:
    33
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Hey Guys

    I will grab the camera this afternoon, and get pics. Unfortunately i lost my male ( Did I say newbie? LOL) But it is the same strand and same quality as the one in my avatar. I will post pics tomorrow. I have two brine shrimp (rain meters) running, and have BS available 24/7. Feed them BS three times daily with powdered flake in between. I guess it is true about feeding. I got 2 week old fry from @Altum and after feeding them this regime for 2 weeks they are 20mm long and stocky. Incredible growth I think.
    Bloodworm----- Never even saw that in a LFS here in Bloem
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  7. Irma

    Irma Guppymad

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2009
    Messages:
    716
    Likes Received:
    18
    Location:
    Midrand, Jhb
    Congrats - Pics are definitely needed!!
     
  8. Jenn

    Jenn Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2011
    Messages:
    2,245
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    Johannesburg, Kensington
    :ttiuwp:
     
  9. OP
    len.weideman

    len.weideman Planted tanks intrigue me

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2012
    Messages:
    421
    Likes Received:
    33
    Location:
    Cape Town
    LOL @ @Jenn
    I will make sure you get those pics shortly
    :laugh:
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  10. Zoom

    Zoom Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Messages:
    8,469
    Likes Received:
    119
    Location:
    Jhb- Fourways
    New tasa rule. . .

    Fry threads need to be proved by pics. . . :p

    Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2
     
    len.weideman likes this.
  11. jpvd007

    jpvd007 Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2011
    Messages:
    1,040
    Likes Received:
    16
    Location:
    Dunsborough, Westen Australia
    dude a brag thread is not a brag thread without pics!
     
  12. firemanmuzz

    firemanmuzz

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2011
    Messages:
    276
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Durban,Kzn
    you going to get a hard time till u post the pics lol
     
  13. Gert Combrink

    Gert Combrink

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2008
    Messages:
    1,786
    Likes Received:
    16
    Location:
    Protea Hights, Brackenfell, Cape Town.
    They have said it all. It didn't happen without picture-proof!
    Congratulations.
     
    len.weideman likes this.
  14. OP
    len.weideman

    len.weideman Planted tanks intrigue me

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2012
    Messages:
    421
    Likes Received:
    33
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Hey Guys

    LOL! I get the picture, never again will I brag without proof! Hahahaha

    Here is a pic of the fry 1 day old

    P1020602.jpgP1020598.jpgP1020601.jpg
    Here is Mom, and dad is exactly the same as the one in the avatar. Unfortunately I lost my male due to the stupid mistakes a newbie makes. CYCLE!!!!

    P1020597.jpg

    P1020602.jpg

    P1020601.jpg

    P1020598.jpg
     
  15. mattie

    mattie

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2010
    Messages:
    786
    Likes Received:
    44
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Ien,
    What are you feeding them.
    Their bellies look nice n round.
     
  16. Irma

    Irma Guppymad

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2009
    Messages:
    716
    Likes Received:
    18
    Location:
    Midrand, Jhb
    Very nice. They are looking healthy and strong. Well done!
     
    len.weideman likes this.
  17. OP
    len.weideman

    len.weideman Planted tanks intrigue me

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2012
    Messages:
    421
    Likes Received:
    33
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Hello Mattie

    BS three times a day. And fine crushed flakes in between ( very little at a time) They go crazy for their BS :)
     
  18. OP
    len.weideman

    len.weideman Planted tanks intrigue me

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2012
    Messages:
    421
    Likes Received:
    33
    Location:
    Cape Town
    @Irma , if you and @Altum didn't guide me from the start they might have been very skinny. hahahaha
    Thanks again for all the help
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  19. Irma

    Irma Guppymad

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2009
    Messages:
    716
    Likes Received:
    18
    Location:
    Midrand, Jhb
    My pleasure! They are really looking very good.
     
  20. AquaS

    AquaS

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2010
    Messages:
    307
    Likes Received:
    9
    Location:
    Goodwood, CPT
    Mooi man! Glad to hear that things are working out. It's just sorry about the male, but I am sure you will not make that mistake again. Good luck!
     
  21. Altum

    Altum Sponsor

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2008
    Messages:
    1,102
    Likes Received:
    18
    Location:
    CAPE TOWN 7441
    You are welcome!
    See, the longer gestation allowed you decent , larger than normal fry.
    Already at an advantage with good food and water, that's a bonus

    Next ATFG Trios , around the corner!!
    Then I will slave and toil to get them ready to be sent their prospective ways:stoned:
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - ATFG Guppy Forum Date
Wanted: ATfG full red guppy Wanted/Swop/Freebies Oct 4, 2012
Which strain of ATFG guppy should I go for? General Discussions Apr 4, 2012
finding ATFG guppies General Discussions Jan 1, 2016
looking for ATFG guppies General Discussions Dec 30, 2015
Wanted: ATFG Guppies Wanted/Swop/Freebies Nov 30, 2013
Atfg guppies Livebearers Oct 6, 2013
Breeding bettas, ATFG guppies and endlers Breeding Jul 24, 2013

Share This Page