My 6ft Community Aquarium

Discussion in 'Community Tanks' started by zm1611, Aug 13, 2017.

  1. OP
    zm1611

    zm1611

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2016
    Messages:
    27
    Likes Received:
    10
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    Oh yes, my apologies. Unfortunately i am in johannesburg
     
  2. Guest




  3. OP
    zm1611

    zm1611

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2016
    Messages:
    27
    Likes Received:
    10
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    I dont know why but I checked my profile and I'm embarassed to say I cant find the setting for turning location on
     
  4. Hendre

    Hendre Polypterus freak

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2016
    Messages:
    3,669
    Likes Received:
    1,729
    Location:
    Cape town
    Oh alright, there should be members around or you can order plants online ;)

    I think it's under personal info
     
  5. OP
    zm1611

    zm1611

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2016
    Messages:
    27
    Likes Received:
    10
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    Thanks for letting me know:thumbup:
     
  6. OP
    zm1611

    zm1611

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2016
    Messages:
    27
    Likes Received:
    10
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    OK, so a few updates on this tank:
    1. I added in black pond filter sponge to the sump, I've been planning to do this for ages and finally got down to it. I had to do the cutting alone so I didnt cut the pieces very straight which annoyed me quite a bit but what the heck, as long as it does the job, I am happy.
    2. I took a bit of the java moss and added it in the mesh bag as an experiment to see if it's going to grow or not so will make an update in a week or so.
    3. I added two LED lights to the sump to feed the java moss
    4. I also added abit of Java moss to a piece of off cut sponge I had left over because the sponge floats to the top and I've heard that Java moss can grow emersed as well so interesting to see if it will work out and its been doing well so far.
    5. the rest of the java moss got dumped into a 3ft tank which I purposely left by a window so I can see if it's going to grow out. I am going to feed it when I do water changes from the big tank. There's only the moss in there for now though

    I'm going to take a few pics and post a bit later!!
     
  7. Pezulu

    Pezulu

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2015
    Messages:
    3,417
    Likes Received:
    1,393
    Location:
    Centurion
    To edit your profile, go to your nametag at the top of the page.
    Select Personal Details.
    Halfway down the page it the Location tab, which by default is blank.
    Add your location, then select Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
     
  8. OP
    zm1611

    zm1611

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2016
    Messages:
    27
    Likes Received:
    10
    Location:
    Johannesburg
  9. Pezulu

    Pezulu

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2015
    Messages:
    3,417
    Likes Received:
    1,393
    Location:
    Centurion
    Glad I could help.
     
  10. Ortaega

    Ortaega

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2015
    Messages:
    1,169
    Likes Received:
    234
    Location:
    Minnebron, Brakpan
    Wow, Stunning tank @zm1611. Have not been on in quite some time but have been popping in every now and then to see the new talent on here.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Community Aquarium Forum Date
RSS Feed 8 Aquarium catfish for community tanks RSS Feeds Feb 8, 2017
Stocking my 600l community aquarium Community Tanks Oct 17, 2012
Barbs for the community aquarium!!! Pet Stop Apr 2, 2012
Wanted: Community fish and moss required Wanted/Swop/Freebies Aug 14, 2024
Breeding Angelfish in community tank General Discussions Jan 19, 2023
Freebie: FREE Apistogramma borellii M&F & Community tank fish Wanted/Swop/Freebies Nov 3, 2022
600L Tanganyikan community Community Tanks Oct 26, 2021

Share This Page