My 4ft black tank setup

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by jerry.singh.9022, Apr 4, 2016.

  1. jerry.singh.9022

    jerry.singh.9022

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2015
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    6
    Hey jus thought I would a small write up on new tank
    Hope you guys enjoy my journey as much as I did
    Any questions, suggestions, comments are than welcome.
    A few months back I bought a new 4ft tank
    Without even knowing exactly what I was gonna do do with, when I finally got the tank into my house, ideas of what I was gonna do started driving me crazy.
    Anyway I knew it was gonna be planted at least.

    So first I built a stand, completely out of timber. Here's the pics....

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]


    While building that I decided to build a water/sandfall

    Here are the pics[​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    I then got a beautiful piece of driftwood, which was way to big for the tank so I had to cut it in half, pics below...

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    Finally finished the stand last week

    Here's the pics

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    Yesterday my friends and I put everything together

    Still gotta finish up lighting and canopy
    Anyway I decided to go with a full rainbow fish tank, well that's what I wanted but my wife loved some of my old fish, including her black suede fish (black Mollie)a gourami, a hoplo and and ancistris....so ya, not exactly a full rainbow setup.....
    Anyway here are the pics of the final product hope you guys like it and make suggestions to make the tank better....

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

    Thanks for reading
    And looking.....I love fish tank pics
     
  2. Guest




  3. Deem

    Deem

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2010
    Messages:
    285
    Likes Received:
    51
    Location:
    Durban
    Nice man!
     
  4. OP
    jerry.singh.9022

    jerry.singh.9022

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2015
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    6
  5. Broder

    Broder

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,020
    Likes Received:
    34
    Location:
    East London
    Wow! Beautiful work. You've got skills. Love the sand fall. I'm looking forward to watching this mature.
     
  6. OP
    jerry.singh.9022

    jerry.singh.9022

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2015
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    6
    Much appreciated @Broder
    Yeah just need to find the right gravel for the sandfall though, PFS isn't cutting it for me
    Hopefully I can find more plants dat would suit the idea of the tank patience I guess
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  7. Broder

    Broder

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,020
    Likes Received:
    34
    Location:
    East London
    I didn't like the look pfs either when I made my sand fall. I tried fine beach sand which blew all over the place. Would have worked well if there was less flow in the tank. At the end of the day, the pfs worked best with the least amount of maintenance required. I almost bought a bag of white reptile sand, but in the nick of time read that it was actually calcium carbonate!
     
  8. OP
    jerry.singh.9022

    jerry.singh.9022

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2015
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    6
    Shew u dodged a bullet there hey @Broder
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  9. Jwh

    Jwh

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2014
    Messages:
    1,737
    Likes Received:
    97
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Love DIY, (although I suck at it) you're a professional craftsman, great work!
     
  10. RKali

    RKali I just want your wood..

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2016
    Messages:
    253
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Northern KZN
    Very nice set-up!!! Your sand fall is going to bring life to that corner, and when the left side's plants mature I think it will be even more of a beauty!!!

    Only one thing........ :deal:
    It is a serious offense to cut large driftwood, especially such a beautiful piece.. That's like cutting the Mona Lisa in two coz she doesn't fit in a particular frame.. :eek:

    Yours truly
    A driftwood fanatic
    :fight:

    (In jest as always)
    Kali
     
  11. OP
    jerry.singh.9022

    jerry.singh.9022

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2015
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    6
    Lolololol @RKali. I had no choice as that was the smallest piece the lady had, sorry though I completely agree
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  12. OP
    jerry.singh.9022

    jerry.singh.9022

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2015
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    6
    Awh thanks @Jwh, I can weld but I feel timber is more forgiving and alterations are easier than steel
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  13. Michealvdb

    Michealvdb

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2015
    Messages:
    170
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Awesome Craftmanship!! Loving the many members going for Rainbows. One of my Favorite fish!
     
  14. Ortaega

    Ortaega

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2015
    Messages:
    1,169
    Likes Received:
    234
    Location:
    Minnebron, Brakpan
    Wow, Looks really Good!
     
  15. OP
    jerry.singh.9022

    jerry.singh.9022

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2015
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    6
    Thanks @michaelvbd and @Ortaega, while on the subject
    Does anyone know where I can find some pseudomugil furcatus species?
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  16. twincam16

    twincam16 Nigelg

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2014
    Messages:
    304
    Likes Received:
    194
    Location:
    Kzn , Durban
    Well Done , Looks awesome .
     
  17. OP
    jerry.singh.9022

    jerry.singh.9022

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2015
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    6
    Thanks buddy
     
  18. gwshorten

    gwshorten

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2016
    Messages:
    585
    Likes Received:
    19
    Location:
    Pretoria east
    Wow! That is incredible. Well done
     
  19. tlchidau

    tlchidau TMAN

    Joined:
    May 23, 2011
    Messages:
    183
    Likes Received:
    29
    Location:
    Randburg
    Awesome work, really inspiring. You got Madd skills, Respect....:love:
     
  20. OP
    jerry.singh.9022

    jerry.singh.9022

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2015
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    6
    Thanks guys
    Really appreciate it
     
  21. OP
    jerry.singh.9022

    jerry.singh.9022

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2015
    Messages:
    371
    Likes Received:
    6
    Jus need to find more tym to put in 1 more tree (dw) to soften the hard line of the rock feature
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - black tank setup Forum Date
RSS Feed How To Prevent Your Tank From Getting Black Beard Algae RSS Feeds Oct 23, 2020
Pool filter/black diamond sand Planted Tank Planted Tanks Jul 21, 2020
My blackwater betta tank. Members Systems Apr 2, 2020
Black Canopy - Water dripping down tank General Equipment discussion Oct 31, 2017
Is Black-Beard Algae bad for a tank? Algae May 30, 2016
The nano tank red half black line. Livebearers Jan 30, 2016
Tank wanted 1.2m with black cabinet Wanted/Swop/Freebies May 15, 2015

Share This Page