MH kelvin

Discussion in 'Planted Tanks' started by PeterWest, Jun 11, 2010.

  1. PeterWest

    PeterWest

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2010
    Messages:
    255
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Northern Suburbs, Cape Town
    Hi All

    Where can I buy MH tubes with the right kelvin rating (6700k - 6500k)?

    TIA
     
  2. Guest




  3. Big G

    Big G Apisto Nutz!!!

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2008
    Messages:
    2,508
    Likes Received:
    16
    Location:
    Cape Town
    I think Henk had real trouble finding these if I remember correctly? Infact I actually think he imported his, but again if my memory is working correctly (which it probably isn't) he then found them somewhere for much less than he paid originally?

    Try Lamphouse or any lighting specialists in the yellow pages?

    Cheers
    G!
     
  4. Henk Hugo

    Henk Hugo

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2008
    Messages:
    4,135
    Likes Received:
    34
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Lamphouse dont sell them at all. i think it was Voltex.... not 100% sure
     
  5. Dolphin

    Dolphin

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2008
    Messages:
    1,926
    Likes Received:
    145
    MH bulbs in this kelvin range are quite difficult to find in SA...

    Last time I checked with Voltex, they did not have.

    If you do find some locally, please share the source.
     
  6. Henk Hugo

    Henk Hugo

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2008
    Messages:
    4,135
    Likes Received:
    34
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Dolphin Zafgak sourced them locally for me - i think it was voltex... pm him and ask as for the life of me i cant find the email. I remember aprice of R180 ex vat
     
  7. Dolphin

    Dolphin

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2008
    Messages:
    1,926
    Likes Received:
    145

    Great thanks, that would be great!
     

Recent Posts

Share This Page