Malawi tips

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by StainedSilva, Jan 5, 2015.

  1. StainedSilva

    StainedSilva

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2015
    Messages:
    70
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Hi People,

    Im just wondering if there is anyone else that has had experience with peacock malawis? Just any tips I should keep in mind and things to look out for?

    I have about 20 of them, all juveniles, I have noticed 3 of them slowly going blue and have a white stripe on its dorsal fin. so thats 3 males so far.. the rest are brown/yellow gold.

    They seem to be happy, just chilling around their rocks and when I come near the tank they rush to the front to see me(expecting food no doubt). Can I feed them spirulina flakes? I know they like cucumbers, them an my plecos. But I heard spirulina really is good for them and brings out their colours nicely?

    Any advice would be great! ( I have pics of the tank in the newbie area ) :)
     
  2. Guest




  3. FishyPanda

    FishyPanda

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2013
    Messages:
    203
    Likes Received:
    82
    Location:
    Pretoria North
    tagging
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Malawi tips Forum Date
Thinking of starting first malawi tank Cichlids Oct 24, 2025
Wanted: Malawi Cichlids Wanted/Swop/Freebies Oct 1, 2024
Wanted: Malawi cichlid ( Peacocks) Wanted/Swop/Freebies Sep 13, 2023
Wanted: Malawi Chiclids Wanted/Swop/Freebies May 1, 2022
Malawi cichlids diet ( helped me understand them better so I thought it could help others too) Beginner Discussions Feb 13, 2022
Possible prices for Malawi fish General Discussions Jan 25, 2022
My New Malawi Tank setup Full tank shots Aug 9, 2021

Share This Page