Malawi Peacocks

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by mrmustard, Jul 13, 2012.

  1. mrmustard

    mrmustard

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2012
    Messages:
    116
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    Anybody know anywhere where I could possibly get some nice malawi peacocks? Looking for people with a nice variety in the Joburg area.
     
  2. Guest




  3. scotty

    scotty

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2010
    Messages:
    254
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    George
    Have never found any Malawi peacocks being able to survive under water. They tend to drown! You are not by any chance looking for the Aulonocara species?
     
  4. OP
    mrmustard

    mrmustard

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2012
    Messages:
    116
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    LOL Yes I am looking for the Aulonocara species.
     
  5. L~C~G

    L~C~G

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2012
    Messages:
    353
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Gauteng - Edenvale
    There is a pet shop in Bedfordview that currently has Baenschi and jacobfreibergi. He also has some nice Taiwan reefs if you want to try them.

    Pretty pricey at R125.00 each but they are a pretty good size. about 10cm.
     
  6. Luis

    Luis

    Joined:
    May 13, 2011
    Messages:
    387
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    Windhoek, Namibia
    wers the petshop in Bedford??
     
  7. OP
    mrmustard

    mrmustard

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2012
    Messages:
    116
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    Thanks for that info bro. Sorry I've been a little quiet. internets been giving me hassles this last few days!!:mad:

    I've actually not gone with the peacocks for this tank because after browsing around a good few pet shops I was unable to find a good variety to work with so I settled on the smaller schooling fish.
     
  8. Henk Snyman

    Henk Snyman

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2011
    Messages:
    73
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Roodepoort
    Hi there, where in Bedford view is this store please can you give me the adress.
     
  9. L~C~G

    L~C~G

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2012
    Messages:
    353
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Gauteng - Edenvale
    Its actually just next to Bedfordview in Primrose hill. Called the Amazon pet shop.

    Magnolia Rd
    1401 Primrose Hill Germiston
    011 8255273

    The guy who owns it used to breed malawis but stopped some time back. Very interesting character ;-)

    He has some stunning fish form time to time.
     
  10. Lparisi

    Lparisi

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2012
    Messages:
    37
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm also looking for Alunocara spec, andy one know where I can get hold of some in Cape Town?
     
  11. top dog

    top dog

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2012
    Messages:
    1,765
    Likes Received:
    888
    Location:
    JHB Greenstone
    pm sent so as not to upset sponsours
     
  12. Lparisi

    Lparisi

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2012
    Messages:
    37
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hey man I never got the PM not sure why but I hardly ever receive my PM's!
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Malawi Peacocks Forum Date
Wanted: Malawi cichlid ( Peacocks) Wanted/Swop/Freebies Sep 13, 2023
Malawi Peacocks in full Color Jungle Aquatics Oct 12, 2015
IN STOCK - Large Full Color F1 Malawi Peacocks Imports Stone Aquatics Aug 22, 2015
Good Food for Malawi Peacocks Cichlids Oct 29, 2013
Malawi Aulonocara (Peacocks) fighting Cichlids Jul 23, 2013
My new tank setup for Malawi Peacocks and one or two Frontosa's :) Advice PLEASE Cichlids Sep 12, 2012
Where to buy Malawi Peacocks - Cape Town? Cichlids Sep 10, 2012

Share This Page