Looking for Perspex

Discussion in 'Anything DIY related' started by Ladysphinx, Dec 1, 2016.

  1. Ladysphinx

    Ladysphinx

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2016
    Messages:
    889
    Likes Received:
    267
    Location:
    Benoni AH
    So I'm planning to design and build my own breeding cages for my guppies already did the designing now I just need a good place to by the Perspex/acrylics and acrylics cement to make these cages. I don't like the ones available in the shops so I came up with plans to come improve the design.
     
  2. Guest




  3. Jwh

    Jwh

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2014
    Messages:
    1,737
    Likes Received:
    97
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Maizey plastics
     
  4. eros111

    eros111

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2012
    Messages:
    1,012
    Likes Received:
    166
    Location:
    Midrand, Johannesburg
    If you are in Jhb - Perspex World
     
  5. OP
    Ladysphinx

    Ladysphinx

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2016
    Messages:
    889
    Likes Received:
    267
    Location:
    Benoni AH
    Ok thanks guys I'll check them out.
     
  6. Pezulu

    Pezulu

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2015
    Messages:
    3,417
    Likes Received:
    1,393
    Location:
    Centurion
    Perspex is a bugger to work with.
    I would go with glass, which is much easier, and doesn't scratch or get damaged as easily.
     
  7. OP
    Ladysphinx

    Ladysphinx

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2016
    Messages:
    889
    Likes Received:
    267
    Location:
    Benoni AH
    Pezulu these will be small breeder containers that will be places inside my breeding tanks when my female guppy is ready to give birth. After studying the behavior of guppy fry I designed a breeding trap that will make the change of guppy fry finding their way back to the female a lot smaller than the normal breeding traps that are available.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Looking Perspex Forum Date
Wanted: Looking for Endlers Wanted/Swop/Freebies Sep 2, 2026
Looking for Tropheus Social Groups Jul 13, 2026
Wanted: Looking for aquatic moss (aside from Java) Wanted/Swop/Freebies May 11, 2026
Looking for killifish General Fish Discussions Apr 21, 2026
Looking to trade plants Planted Tanks Apr 8, 2026
Looking to swap plants Aquatic plants Apr 8, 2026
Wanted: Looking for shrimps Wanted/Swop/Freebies Dec 31, 2025

Share This Page